Where are you going when you die?

by Mystery 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mystery
    Mystery

A questions that has been on my mind for 20+ years that I have been away.

And more recently - a friend of my sons was killed. He ask me "Mom where are you going when you die?" I am worried because if you die, I don't know where you are going.

I have a 13 & 14 yr old boys. They know the basis JW belief because of my family. But they also know Christian beliefs of heaven and hell.

Where are you going?

PS: Sword of Jehovah don't bother answering - i won't waste my time reading it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Most likely the morgue

• outnfree
    outnfree

Mystery,

I believe that we live on in some way. Nobody can prove such a claim, of course, but so many religions teach it and so many feel that they can "talk" to the deceased and really feel they are being heard, that it affirms the GUT FEELING that there is an afterlife of some sort .

I don't think you can truthfully ASSURE your sons of any such thing. However, it might ease their minds to know what you believe and what you want said and done at your funeral. Perhaps consider these things together?

How sad that one of your son's friends died. What happened?

outnfree

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m going to the big Pub in the sky..A place where:You never run out of Molson Canadian beer..Theres always a shot of good Canadian Whiskey to go with your beer..The cook is a French Chef..The waitress`s are all magazine centre folds,and they tip you every time you order ..LOL!...OUTLAW

• teejay
    teejay

Back to where I came from. I'd tell you where that is, but I'd hafta kill ya.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Personally, I hope to be coming when I die.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I'm going to Vegas, then under the ground to Bonnie Scotland to rest my weary bones.

With myluck, I'd wind up in one of those paradise tracts, building a house for all eternity and driving a tractor with a koala...

CZAR

• Jesika
    Jesika

I am not really sure about that answer.

Honestly, I don't think we are supposed to know for sure.

I just live my life the way I think I should, and if there is an afterlife, or hell, or heaven, I have no control over it, and I think that if I am a good person and try to be fair and good, I have nothing to worry about.

Something like this noone can explain in my opinion. Yes I have unanswered ?'s as far as this is concerned, but I just choose not to dwell on it.

So many people have so many answers, but I just choose to live my life and not worry about death, at least not now.

I mean, can anyone really answer this ? to make me welcome death? No, not for me.

I think that if I am a good person, and try to live my life as a good person, whatever is on the "other side" will be ok.

Jes

Just my 2cents, I know it probably didn't help much, but I just wanted to give my opinion.

• gumby
    gumby

I started a thread one time asking how many could claim they really talked to any deceased or have truely saw a ghost. I asked the question because I wondered and still wonder the same. As far as I know, there is not any factuall proof of anything of this nature. I for on hope life goes on, but haven't a clue.

Gumby

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I was thinking earlier this week what an odd thing death is. I remember looking at my father in law's body in the funeral home. He looked like Bill in every way and yet Bill was not there, only his body was. What happened to him? Where did he go? And what exactly happens at death? This thing we call a spirit, that electrical energy that inhabits our brains, how does it leave exactly? Very curious thing really.

Anyway, I was thinking about him earlier this week. We had fantastic weather this week and I've appreciated little things about life since Bill died. I looked around me and I couldn't help but think that Bill won't see this day. He won't see the new leaves on the trees. He won't know about the war in Iraq.

He won't see what happens next. His story is over.

I don't know what happens when we die. No one else can say definitely either. I'm not worried though. If there is a God, then I trust him that he will do what is fair with regards to me. If there is no God, then it doesn't really matter. Either way, what has happened to billions of other people, will happen to me. And then I'll know. Until then I am enjoying this life.

I want to see what happens next.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit