Number of Muslims protesting London terrorist attack = ZERO. Number of Muslims protesting forced Mosque closure in France = HUNDREDS

by kpop 233 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Simon
    Simon
    How can we go from that "it" to what it means to be a good Muslim? (an "ought").

Because the book is very clear that the example of the prophet mohammed must be followed. The closer you follow it, the more Muslim you are. I notice you still haven't even attempted to answer "why aren't ISIS Muslim" like so many of your bleeding heart liberal politicians.

Because. You. Can't.

Well, you can, but the answer goes against everything you want to believe. So you pretend the question doesn't exist or try to change it into some English grammar test. Really, who gives a flying fuck about "it", "is" and "ought". When they are coming to butcher your family, you should lecture them on how they "ought" not to be doing "it". Good luck with that.

Why are they meant to imitate it?

Because it says so.

Why can't they pick and choose like modern Christians/jews do, or organize their beliefs around a church hierarchy/tradition like the Catholics, or whatever?

Because their book isn't as vague.

Luke talks about a burning hell, IMO one of the morally corrosive ideas both found in the Quran and the Bible. Does that mean a person who does not believe in a burning hell is not a "good Christian"? I don't think so, I certainly don't think there are any logical reasons for it.

Believing in a burning hell doesn't hurt anyone else, so very very different. It's also open to interpretation whether it is meant figuratively or literally but it doesn't matter, because it's just a thought about something that happens in some fairy land and, importantly, the only impact it has on our world is to try to prevent people from committing serious crimes and sins.

Following the example of the prophet with a clear documented life story of what is "great" (killing people) and what isn't (being nice) is much more direct. And it's effect is to encourage people to commit serious crimes.

Can you see the difference yet? Of course not, there are none so blind as those who apologize for Islam.

So let's give you another go: are ISIS Muslim. Yes or No. Are they more or less Muslim than "moderate" Muslims. yes or no.

Explain your reasoning of you can come up with any.

• bohm
    bohm
    Because the book is very clear that the example of the prophet mohammed must be followed.

There is the ought! Why?

So you pretend the question doesn't exist or try to change it into some English grammar test. Really, who gives a flying fuck about "it", "is" and "ought"

David Hume. The problem of deriving an ought from an it is a classical problem in philosophy. I don't think you can just dismiss it as an "English test", and I don't think it can be solved by simple declaration.

Because their book isn't as vague.

Luke isn't all that vague on hellfire either...

Believing in a burning hell doesn't hurt anyone else, so very very different.

I disagree but that is not very important. Luke does seem to talk about about a hell on the most natural interpretation. Do we have to accept that a "good Christian" must accept hell? I don't see how that follows...

Can you see the difference yet? Of course not, there are none so blind as those who apologize for Islam.

I make no apologies for Islam... why do you keep insisting that I do? I think it is an awful book, as I have written before, and you can derive better moral teachings from the X-men than you can from the Quran. Do I have to write this in every post?

• scotsman
    scotsman
    If a number of individual muslims did attend then I apologise for making a misleading statement

Cofty, your untruth more than mislead. I know Shawlands pretty well and have had the good fortune to hang out with the Asian community in Glasgow. Your lie was an attempt to smear an entire community and using the murder of Asad Shah to do that nauseates me.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Here is the best answer when you are talking about 'moderate' Muslims/Christians or anyone of faith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s

The problem with Islam is that the 'peaceful majority' actually has to agree with their extremist brethren, the Koran is not nearly as open to interpretation as the Bible is. The writers of the Koran actually devised a system that inherently overrides conflicts, thus you cannot point to a number of 'peaceful' scriptures of the Koran to prove your point like you do with the Bible because the doctrine of "whatever was written later overrides prior instruction" gives you only one source on any particular subject - usually the later letters of the prophet which are quite graphic and violent as they deal with the military conquests of Mohammed.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

here is a reason why many muslims may be ambivalent (if they are) about joining in protests - if I was muslim I certainly would be. so lets at least get the factual explanations sorted. Protest march anyone?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/25/mosul-airstrikes-aleppo-vladimir-putin-donald-trump-islamic-state

According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, 49 people were killed on 16 March by a US strike on a complex that included the Omar ibn al-Khattab mosque.
    Last Tuesday at least 30 Syrian civilians died in another American airstrike, on Mansoura, in Raqqa province. The American planes hit a school. The raid was one of 19 coalition missions that day, ordered in preparation for the expected assault on the Isis headquarters in Raqqa city itself.

Donald Trump and Jim Mattiss. The president with his secretary of defence,

The pace and scale of fighting in Iraq and Syria is picking up as the US-led coalition scents final victory over Isis. Trump recently approved an expanded deployment of US ground forces in Syria. But human rights groups say increased combat intensity does not excuse or justify fatal carelessness with civilian lives. Such “own goals” hand propaganda victories to Isis and may also motivate its followers to commit terrorist acts.
    Trump has frequently vowed to exterminate Isis by all means. It is one of his few clearly stated foreign policy aims. The White House accused Obama of micromanaging operations. Trump, in contrast, appears to have delegated most control to Jim “Mad Dog” Mattis, the former general appointed Pentagon chief.
    The first results of Trump’s laissez-faire approach were seen in January when he authorised a special forces raid in Yemen over dinner. The attack on al-Qaida went disastrously wrong, causing dozens of civilian deaths and one US military fatality.
    Now Iraq and Syria are bearing the brunt of Trump’s brash bellicosity. Putin will certainly be watching. It may not be long before the US president faces war crimes allegations, too. And what will May say then?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What a disgrace. This thread is depressing.

• steve2
    steve2

When the IRA was carrying out its terrorist bombings in London a couple of decades ago, "ordinary" Christians were not shamed into protesting in the streets against the so-called "Christian" mentality behind the acts of terrorism in order to prove they did not approve of the bombings.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The IRA analogy is a poor one because that terrorist group carried out its bombings in the name of nationalism, not religious beliefs

There was a reason why the recent London terrorist tried to access the Houses of Parliament.

It's because he hated our democracy, rights and freedoms and wanted Sharia to take over our country. This is obviously connected to religious belief.

IRA terrorists only wanted all of Ireland to be independent, they didn't want Catholicism to violently take over the world.

• bohm
    bohm

LUHE: That's a pretty weak response. The Irish at least should have been demanded to make a protest...

I'd have more respect for this view if MAGA people were out in force protesting the Quebec mosque shooting. It took forever for the Trump administration to even say a peep!

In reality, I don't think many people feel they have much in common with terrorists and therefore don't care to go out on a protest.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@bohm - I stand by every word in my last post - the comments I made were valid.

'Ordinary' Christians weren't shamed into protesting against the IRA because there was no Christian mentality as such behind the IRA's actions. The IRA just happened to be Catholics - they weren't trying to further the cause of Catholicism globally.

I'd have more respect for this view if MAGA people were out in force protesting the Quebec mosque bombing - what does 'MAGA' stand for? What happened to the Quebec mosque bomber? Is he going to face the justice system?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit