We'd Like to KILL the apostates, but we can't....

by betweenworlds 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Lieu
    Lieu

Well, it isn't the "congregation's" disfellowship order since I doubt the "congregation" had any say in the matter. Maybe back in the 1950's JWs followed the scriptures and put matters to a congregational vote. But nowadays three guys not chosen by the "congregation" decide stuff in secret.

That whole JW lust for Mosaic laws is what should be put to death. If it doesn't apply to Christ, it is "old light". The problem with JWs is that their leadership has continuously refused follow Christ.

Matt5: [44] But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, [45] that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.[46] For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Don't even the tax collectors do the same? [47] If you only greet your friends, what more do you do than others? Don't even the tax collectors do the same?

I don't see anything there about rock throwing at "enemies".

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    It is one of the most shocking quotes in WT literature. It doe give an insight. I'd love to know who wrote it, if it was F W Franz. But it was quite long ago. I doubt they'd repeat anything like it today.
  • Simon
    Simon
    The marriage partner would render the marriage dues according to the law of the land and in due payment for all material benefits bestowed and accepted.

They seem to be confusing the concept of "wife" with "hooker"

• blondie
    blondie

(Ezra 10:1-4) 10 Now as soon as Ezra had prayed and he had made confession while weeping and lying prostrate before the house of the [true] God, those of Israel collected themselves together to him, a very large congregation, men and women and children, for the people had wept profusely. 2 Then Shec·a·niah the son of Je·hiel of the sons of Elam answered and said to Ezra: “We—we have acted unfaithfully against our God, so that we gave a dwelling to foreign wives from the peoples of the land. Yet now there exists a hope for Israel concerning this. 3 And now let us conclude a covenant with our God to put away all the wives and those born from them according to the counsel of Jehovah and of those trembling at the commandment of our God, that it may be done according to the law. 4 Get up, for the matter devolves upon you, and we are with you. Be strong and act.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit