We'd Like to KILL the apostates, but we can't....

by betweenworlds 53 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

BW, I distinctly recall that QfR, from my "read every WTS publication I could get my hands on" youth. There have occasionally been threads started here about whether JWs would kill if the WTS told them to, and generally the posts have been "no way, impossible, ridiculous." Your quote makes it clear that, at least at one time, the WTS did in fact propose such a scenario. The same subliminal message in the following quote:

*** w66 11/1 p. 672 Missionaries Who Give Free ***

The program also included upbuilding music and singing by the student body, the showing of slides by President Knorr in which the missionary accomplishments of the Society thus far were depicted, and finally an excellent dramatic presentation by the students entitled "Let Us Conform Ourselves to God’s Eternal Principles." At the gate of an Israelite city it showed three judges hearing a case involving the alleged accidental death of a fellow Israelite. God’s laws had been broken. There had been false testimony, bribery, blackmail, bloodguilt. The older men listened to witnesses, sifted the evidence, and brought in a judgment against the wrongdoers—death by stoning for two of them.

As those judges of Israel conscientiously administered God’s righteous requirements for his congregation, so congregation committees of our day have to do. The backdrop provided by artists and the realistic costumes worn by the student actors served to make this powerful drama live. The same deep-lying and eternal principles of God apply in our day. Only by conforming our lives to Jehovah’s will can we gain peace and happiness.

"Kill them all, and let God sort them out."

Craig

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds
    As those judges of Israel conscientiously administered God’s righteous requirements for his congregation, so congregation committees of our day have to do.

Thanks for that quote Ona!

More proof that they want to live by the old law!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

There are many people who would harm no one. Then there are those who will fly airliners into buildings, or separate themselves from their families and rejoice at the deaths of those not like them, all in the name of their tiny and flaccid god. I have said it here before. In my view the belief and worship of an anthropomorphic god of war, is the root cause of mans inhumanity to man. If the one you worship, the "most high", is a killer, then the door is left wide open for you. JamesT "Religion as practiced today deals in punishments and rewards. In other words, it breeds fear and greed -- the two things most destructive of spirituality." -- Anthony De Mello

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds
    I have said it here before. In my view the belief and worship of an anthropomorphic god of war, is the root cause of mans inhumanity to man. If the one you worship, the "most high", is a killer, then the door is left wide open for you.

Amen to that JT! When you speak in the name of that blood thirsty god nothing that is done is surprising.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Geez, I sure hope I don't run into my parents while shopping, might be bloodshed, but maybe the evil looks are enough to kill me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WBTS would kill us if not for the laws of the land..Now there`s a suprise....WBTS dosen`t mind supplying the military machine with engines to fly their "smart bombs" to kill people..WBTS dosen`t mind watching JW`s die so they don`t break WBTS rules..It`s a whole lot easier for WBTS to kill JW`s than so called apostates..JW`s willingly walk to the slaughter,so called apostates fight back...WBTS dosen`t mind killing people in a war,or allowing people to die for the WBTS religion..It`s legal....If your going to slaughter people make sure it`s legal..WBTS does...OUTLAW

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    realistic costumes worn by the student actors

You'll notice that no mention was made of their acting talents.

Nina

• Makena1
    Makena1

Some might argue that the Borg has become kinder and gentler since that 1952 WT was written. NOT! If anything it's become more hypocritical - saying publicly that they do not break up families by shunning - while in practice at the local KH families are breaking up, people are committing suicide etc.

Yes, let me put my life in the hands of "cheese and cracker men (love that line JT)" who cannot even wash a window without leaving streaks: "As those judges of Israel conscientiously administered God’s righteous requirements for his congregation, so congregation committees of our day have to do

Scarey stuff. Not unlike the follow link that alludes to that awful slogan - "Kill a queer for Christ"

http://www.whosoever.org/editorial/terror.html

Lord, save me from your followers,

Mak

• anti-absolutist
    anti-absolutist

JT,

I like your comment regarding how they view God. My own personal opinion is that most ORGANIZED religions do this to a certain extent. JW's are way up near the top in the degree to which they celebrate the evil atrocities of their God (past and present), but most religions also do.

I 'm not against people needing to look to a higher power for guidance to help them through life, but when it involves hate and even the love of pain (emotional or physical), these people truly are living very shallow lives spiritually. It is frustrating, for sure to be shunned by my family, but I also feel for their evident lack of a deeper understanding of what spirituality is all about.

Brad

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

My God ! I could not believe what I was just reading ! how dare they feel that they have even the right to think about "exterminating" us. They are the ones to be wiped out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit