We'd Like to KILL the apostates, but we can't....

by betweenworlds 53 Replies latest jw friends

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I read this quote at Tom's site (Thanks Tom!) and then looked it up for myself on the WT CD. This is truly disturbing and shows their true mindset.... This is from the Nov. !5th 1952 question from readers. This is directly from the CD btw:

Questions

from Readers

In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshiped, how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?—P. C., Ontario, Canada.

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."—Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof.

So if it wasn't for the pesky laws of the land in which we live, and that most inconvenient new covenent that Jesus brought about to get rid of the old law, we'd just kill 'em!! But well seeing as we can't (drat) We'll just make em WISH they were dead.

Those evil, evil old men who still wish they were living by the law code! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. THey are SO blood guilty for all the lives they have controlled and destroyed with their law making. This is truly the most disturbing thing I've read yet. Their own words are truly their worst enemy.

betweenworlds

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

WTF?! Is this for real? Gosh, guess we should be lucky we have laws nowadays that don't allow stonings,eh? Sheeesh

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Hey I used to get the 'you better be glad we aren't in Isreal because we would have to stone you for what you just did' speech all the time when I was a kid. Usually for things like hiding evil demonic cassette tapes (like Depeche Mode, INXS, etc) from them. Or (gasp) watching R rated movies. Them Jehovers seem to have a great desire to stone people, oh if it weren't for those pesky USA laws that forbide parents from killing children.

Boy, I got such warm fuzzys from the love I felt in those statements...

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Unfortunately it is very real...I couldn't believe it myself until I looked it up on their very own 2001 Watchtower Library CD. The quote I posted is taken directly from that CD, their own publication.

bw

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

LOL......could someone use this in a court case please...perhaps a court case that has a person who was sexually abused and is now officially called an apostate? This could be some interesting stuff.

ash

• wednesday
    wednesday

Between,

would u post Tom's site URl?

yes but for the laws of the free world, we would all be stoned.

What a hateful religion ,then and now.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Oh and silly me thought that the whole Jesus thing did away with the Mosaic "sacrifice everything that moves" Law thing. But of course the WTBTS wishes it could bring back the old law, then they could complete their metamorphesis into the Pharasies of old.

• betweenworlds
  • rocketman
    rocketman

Yep, it's a very real statement, quoted previously on this site and others. Nice people, huh?

• Gerard
    Gerard

Any doubt left this is a harmful cult?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit