We'd Like to KILL the apostates, but we can't....

by betweenworlds 53 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Mouthy wrote:

"When I was DF My JW daughter said "It is a good thing Mum you dont live in Jesus time -I would have to stone you to death......I asked if she would- she said She would have to be obediant..."

Jeepers! (not the word I wanted to use) Isn't it strange that often times "wicked" people of the world will give their life to save or help a perfect strangers, yet a Witness, one of "god's chosen", would kill their own mother to save their own hide. Kind of leaves a funny taste. JamesT

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Mouthy, James beat me to it...that is so sick!!!!!!! Damn, I detest those people. I imagine you have found forgiveness in your heart, but nonetheless, their hatred towards humanity is totally disgusting.

love,

granny

• berylblue
    berylblue
    would kill their own mother to save their own hide.

And that's exactly what the daughter would be doing. It's not loyalty to Jehovah....it's thinking, "Oh, hell, if I want to live, I gotta off my own Mom...."

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

what seems to be forgotten here is that if the stoning law was in effect today . the wt and thier leaders would have been stoned to death 130 years ago. i say have the judging right in front of the the brooklyn surpreme court house. then sell the stones 3 for a dollar. see how the gb likes the feeling. john

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

berylblue wrote:

"It's not loyalty to Jehovah....it's thinking, "Oh, hell, if I want to live, I gotta off my own Mom...."

Yes, it's extreme fanaticism and self-preservation at the cost of others. Fueled by intense greed for everlasting life in a new world, and acute fear of death at the hand of a vengeful god. On the surface it may be about honoring Jehovah which "supposedly" stands for Truth and Love, such thoughts can certainly make one feel warm and cuddly. But deeper, perhaps subconsciously, it's about saving ones own ass.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

This is the saddest thing to read. It reminded me of my father telling me the same thing when I was disfellowshipped. That I "oughta be glad" to not live in "Biblical times" or I'd be stoned. Ugh. This cult truly makes me ill. I can't help but get angry and I can't help but feel sorry for them. *shaking head*

If I feel this disgusted, I can only imagine how God feels about these people. How sad. How incredibly sad.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Me too Billygoat, I witnessed my father tell my sister she was dead to him. In her face, she was dead, if she didnt come back to Jehovah. He took me out on the porch at HER place of work, what nerve he had, and told me he has ALREADY lost one daughter, and didnt want to lose me..it was before I d/a myself. I was just so sickened at the look on my sister's face, he said it so matter of factly, and devoid of any real hurt or sadness. I am convinced that he prefers we are not in his life and now can have what he always wanted, his other family, new wife, new daughter , whom he had get baptized at age 9.

I havent heard from him since, nor has my sister.

When they say you are dead to them, they really do mean it.

It is so shameful to know that I once believed this way too, but I dont think I would have ever told anyone that they were dead to me, I dont think I have that in me, not over a religious belief anyway.

As mad, and hurt as I am with my father, I still dont think I could tell him he is dead to me, looking right into his eyes. This is truly sad.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Bump in light of the Sudan death for apostasy thing.

• Giordano
    Giordano

"Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof."

The Society and Friends.....shit for brains.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Let me add this....a perfect example of why some of us non-believers get really pissed off with religion especially the WT and their blind followers.

That article lumps stoning in with the theocratic arrangement of disfellowshiping and basically implies that they couldn't get away with stoning today because of Man's rules. "The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship."

Thanks for mentioning Christ forbid it. That's it WT end of story why even bring it up? Morons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit