Evolution is a Fact #1 - Protein Functional Redundancy

by cofty 291 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Image result for patriot university

The start of Kent Hovind's dissertation for earning his PhD at Patriot University (pic above) is simply the best thing in this universe:

"Hello, my name is Kent Hovind..."

If that first sentence does not grab you, what on this good earth could?

James I do not find your references to wealth gaudy or distasteful in the least.

I think its a sign from God. He wants you to share your wealth.

If you PM me I will gladly send you my Paypal details.

Remember what Jesus said about the rich, the Kingdom, camels and the eyes of needles.

So spread it around mr. Brown, I need to feel Good.

• cofty
    cofty
    the implication is that if you don't comply then I will have to be more direct. Like offering a bunch of fives instead. It just lowers the tone, don't you think. - Earnest

No. James refused my request and that was the end of it.

many scientists believe in God

Yes they do. And most believers accept evolution.

The fact (if it is true) that the yeast Candida krusei has 51 amino acid differences from the human sequence does not fill me with confidence that every living thing can be slotted in between 51 and zero

It can't. 51 is probably the biggest difference. The number of differences can be measured for every species. I can list a few but not every species has had its genome sequenced. The point is that the differences can be analysed and the degree of separation between species can be seen in the amino acid sequence of their cytochrome C sequence.

That is VERY strong evidence for common ancestry.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    A human is not "more evolved" than a cabbage it just evolved differently to fill a different niche.

So a spaceman is not more evolved than a "ignorant worm" either? Interesting.

• cofty
    cofty
    So a spaceman is not more evolved than a "ignorant worm" either?

No but he is infinitely less ignorant.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    And most believers accept evolution.

Define "believers". If you mean every person who nominally calls themselves Christian (more than 50% of people in the UK) then that is probably true. If you mean practising Christians I think that's not true. If you mean adherents to religion generally I think it's also untrue.

• James Brown
    James Brown

All scientist do not accept evolution.

I know a doctor and he does not accept evolution.

Doctors are scientist.

They are hands on scientist in the real world not theoretical.

I bet there are many, many doctors scientist that do not accept evolution.

I myself studied anatomy and physiology with an open mind as open as it could be.

And I did not graduate believing in evolution I got a B in both college pre med classes at a public state college in Florida. I have my text books and cant even say that evolution is taught in anatomy and physiology it is just a presumption that gets made somewhere along the line.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    And a spud is more ignorant than a worm. And a rock is more ignorant than a spud. And I'd rather be a hammer than a nail. Oh yes I would.
  • cofty
    cofty
    I know a doctor and he does not accept evolution

I would choose a different doctor

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I never said no evolution at all.

I said evolution like Cofty believes. - So, you accept that domestic dogs evolved from wolves, correct?

If that's the case then, given enough time, why can't chimps and humans have evolved from a common ancestor? Or birds and theropod dinosaurs? Or bacteria and eukaryotes?

Cofty believes we came from a rock and that there is no God, and the bible is false - I've never heard cofty say we came from a rock but your last two points correctly describe cofty's views. Evolution only concerns itself with the origin of species and diversity in nature. It doesn't concern itself with how and when life first appeared - that's abiogenesis! Neither does it concern itself with whether God exists or whether the Bible is false.

And that we all have a common ancestor - why not? If dogs and wolves share a common ancestor, why can't all organisms have a common ancestor?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    • And that we all have a common ancestor - why not? If dogs and wolves share a common ancestor, why can't all organisms have a common ancestor?

That's one way of looking at it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit