Evolution is a Fact #1 - Protein Functional Redundancy

by cofty 291 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

James Brown if you are still genuinely interested in an answer to your question about apoptosis get a copy of "Power, Sex, Suicide - Mitochondria and the Meaning of Life" by Nick Lane.

He discusses the science of cell death at great length. It is really interesting.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    I suggest you watch Hoviinds video and quit dancing with me.

I've watched them all. By God have I watched them all.

The most brilliant thing Ken did was when he asserted that the red shift was due to God pulling the entire universe out (expanding it) from the position of earth within 24 hours. A master stroke.

I could have danced all night, I could have danced all night and still have begged for more.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Dr Gill seems like a nice, decent, intelligent and educated guy. He's probably a great doctor.

But his area of expertise seems to be the eye only. There are other scientists that accept that eyes evolved, and they would point to the selective advantages of individuals having photosensitive cells among eyeless conspecifics and predators. This might be how eyes first started to evolve.

As you were a pre-med, have you heard about the laryngeal nerve? Care to explain why that nerve travels back on itself in mammals?

Genetics, anatomy, embryology and the fossil record all point to species evolving from a common ancestor.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    oh my, I have hear this before, lol
    ‘I'm struggling to get a handle on your question,
    a lot of different questions mixed up together.’
    cofty, gee, sorry,
    I have that effect on some people.
    My loyal subject , DJS ,asks ‘whats up with girls?‘
    Well there you go, thats one thing, lol
    hard to figure some of us out and how we think eh? oh yea, were all over the place, lol,
    And I might ask, where did THAT little piece of evolution come into play,?
    the fact
    that women are so totally opposite of men, that often we have trouble communicating.
    um , perhaps, men and women ARE from different planets? and were all just an experiment.
    yes crofty, those are different questions, but weren't meant to be off topic.
    doesn't it all end up in the same place? why and how did we get here.
    you said,
    [‘This makes absolutely no sense unless every living thing from humans to yeast evolved from a common ancestor.’ ]
    Of course to me, it makes perfect sense that all things came from one common ancestor. but there sure are some interesting puzzles we may never solve.
    off topic, but to clarify
    I do not believe the biblical story of anything, to be fact. [its funny how it does say from dust we are and to dust we shall return, so, dirt has the same elements and enzymes and proteins ect as breathing things?
    you said,
    ‘there was no first humans who fell from perfection.’ I agree.
    I say, the word ’ perfect‘ does not mean what people think means.
    perhaps a better word would have been acceptable, lol
    I cannot comprehend a god or being, who has no beginning or end,
    even doing what the bible says he did.
    I could never swallow Genesis, never got past chapter 2 without a thousand questions.
    it makes no sense at all. The idea that anyone can simply read that book, and come to any logical conclusion, for anything, is beyond me.
    Ive never had a huge problem with evolution, other than its a work in progress.
    I think its also fascinating that people can actually explain it,
    while I sit with a deer in the headlight expression on my face, and wonder why I cannot understand.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Anatomy and Physiology was so intense I/ you / one could not do much more than remember all the body parts, cells and their functions.

At least when you are in the middle of it.

I think a class where you would wonder about things like that would be theoretical.

The kind of class for a pseudo doctor a PHD.

• cofty
    cofty
    I say, the word ’ perfect‘ does not mean what people think means - sowhatnow

I think the JW concept of "perfection" would make a great thread.

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever

I don't express my wealth to brag but it seems a few mention here as if its an evil. Just showing that a "belief" can change ones life emotionally, spiritually and even financially.

It's obvious many here have reached their own conclusions and that is fine. It's the imposition that is crass, not my mention of wealth. So carry on. I wish you all the best. Nothing stated here or any other evolutionary readings I've divulged in has made me an unbeliever. Quite the contrary, it has strengthened me. Have a nice day and see you in another thread. Because looking from the outside of the picture this debate will rage on just as it has for couple 1000 years and will not be solved within this thread. ;-)

MakeMe

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    Anatomy and Physiology was so intense I/ you / one could not do much more than remember all the body parts, cells and their functions.

Oh I had many friends who became doctors and we had plenty of time to discuss biology.

But now that you know the anatomy after all that remembering, I'm sure you have a good answer why God decided to take the long way round instead of the direct route.

• cofty
    cofty
    Because looking from the outside of the picture this debate will rage on just as it has for couple 1000 years -makeme

This isn't a debate about atheism or god.

It is a presentation of facts about reality that are accepted by rational believers.

I already explained that but you were too busy telling us how rich you were.

• DJS
    DJS

@sowhatnow: "while I sit with a deer in the headlight expression on my face".

But you wear it so well Oh Queenly One. Men, and when I say 'men' I mean me, are attracted to that air between the ears' look.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit