What should we reply when invited to memorial?

by bluesapphire 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

At all times be polite. Say you don't believe it so won't be going because you don't wish to be a hypocrite. Then say "If you'd like to know why I don't believe in the memorial here's why..............." and show all the evidence against the Borg.

Just remember not to count your time

Dansk

• blondie
    blondie

"Why do you ask? We've made other arrangements."

(With so many congregations in one city, people understand that sometimes you go to another congregation due to work schedules, etc.)

They say, "Oh, well, as long as you have made arrangements."

If they ask, "Which congregation?"

We say, "We haven't decided yet. There are a couple of details we need to work out yet. Well, we have to go now. Nice talking to you." (in our mind, until next memorial)

Blondie

• obiwan
    obiwan

I can't, thats the same time the Simpson's are on and then Darma and Greg after that.

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Well before my mother and family decided to shun me, she did enquire as to whether I would be attending the Memorial, and I told her in no uncertain terms NO. Just like that... she was quite surprised, because this will be the first one I have ever missed in all my life...

but since I told her that if associating with JWs meant living with them through eternity and beyond I said that I would rather not know, so asking if I would be attending the Memorial seemed to be a pointless question. She just wanted to have more ammunition to shun me..... aaaawwww.

Mrs Nightwarrior

• Iron Eagle
    Iron Eagle

Just use my old famous excuse for missing the meetings in the old days . Just say :

' I'll be looking out for you mate ' and walk off

Works every time

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

Just say "NO!"

joanna...

I loved that dialogue!! I think I busted a gut .

BTW, what time will that pagan orgy be?...LOL

Sadie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Bluesaphire,you`ve posted what your hubby`s going to say.You`ve just got to post the dub`s reply and facial expression when he hears your hubby`s answer..I`ve said similar things,the dubs look like a deer caught in the headlights..LOL!...OUTLAW

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

A simple go away would suffice.

Tres Happy of the "I vunt to be alone" class

• heathen
    heathen

I like the going naked comment . ROTfLMAo.If you do ,let me know which cong you will attend so I can bring my cam corder. That would totally freak them out .

• rocketman
    rocketman

Joanna, that pagan orgy sounds like fun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit