What should we reply when invited to memorial?

by bluesapphire 43 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

When my MIL invites my husband to the memorial he plans on saying, "Well I've already been to the memorial before. If you've been there once, there's no need to go again since the talk is the same mumbo-jumbo year after year and I'm not anointed anyway."

What do you plan on saying or have you said? What do you think of what he plans on saying?

• Simon
    Simon

"Only if I can bring cheese and crackers to go with the wine"

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Mrs Expatbrit: "Are you coming to the memorial this year?"

Expatbrit: "No."

End of subject.

Expatbrit

• patio34
    patio34

I like Expatbrit's answer the best. It doesn't give any room for argument. Dubs love to "overcome an objection"

Pat

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

You know I could rent you out as a decoy for duck hunters? . -- Groucho Marx

alt

• rocketman
    rocketman

This year may be the first that I may decide not to attend, so your post interests me bluesapphire. My feeling is that, even if you belive jw speak, it's for the annointed anyway. Really, it seems ridiculous to sit there and pass a plate of bread and a glass of wine around and just look at them as they go by.

One time, a speaker mentioned that being in attendance was like being at a wedding to witness the marriage of the groom and bride. Well, to me, the Memorial is like being at a wedding where the groom is not visible and the bride does not show up, since in most congregations there are no partakers anyway.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    What do you plan on saying?

I like to think it would go a little something like this...

Elder: Will you be making plans to attend the memorial this year?

Me: Oh jeez! You know I would love to but it's kind of a full day!

Elder: What could be more important than attending the memorial of the lord's evening meal?

Me: Well I am going to donate blood in the morning, so I need to rest in the afternoon, not study and review the Bible reading, and then that happens to be the night I will be attending a pagen orgy. I'm kind of excited, this will be my first experience with a woman! Plus it's also a birthday party for one of the Philosophers who will be in attendance.And if I am lucky I hear they pass out all sorts of illicit drugs and stolen merchandise as door prises. I'm full up with things to do! Sheesh...I nearly forgot...after that I am going to go get a tattoo of a Smurf on my arse! Busy busy busy!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

"Oh no thanks, I quit 19 years ago"

Like smoking etc., an addiction, I'd reply in such a fashion.

• heathen
    heathen

No thanks , I am going to eat and drink at home and the bible says that I should stay home or I will make those who have little means feel ashamed .

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Hi Blue,

When is the Memorial this year?

Regards,

Sam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit