Did Jeruselm fall in 587 or 586 BCE?

by Doug Mason 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82

Good lord, are you yahoos still doing this?

SMDH.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

500 years after the writings in Jeremiah and Daniel's prophesy, Jesus stated that no one knows of the time, he didn't say anything about what happened 500 years before his existence on earth or about select Hebrew prophesies.

It really comes down to whom one expresses their loyalty to, Jesus or the men running the Watchtower Corporation.

After reading this thread its quite obvious who the Apostate Scholar has chosen.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WHO GIVES A FLYING F**K?

Ok. Sorry. In the past, I would have devoured this kind of post here. Now, I just don't give a sh!t.

PLEASE tell me that this means I have "moved on" from worrying about refuting JW bullshit?

I JUST DON'T CARE ANYMORE!

Don't you realize there are more important things to deal with? The earth is going to melt down or burn down and all life will be lost if we don't all go out and buy electric cars, and quit eating beef (because cows fart, ya know), etc

Already I changed DOC (Desirous of Change) to DOUBTFUL of Change. I guess I need another meaning for the acronym -- DON'T (?) CARE, Maybe just "DC"?

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Scholar said: "Dan 4 presents both the literal and figurative aapplicatio"

No, it does not. It contains one interpretation for all of the dream's elements. Your absurd attempt at excusing your injected second interpretation by connecting a term that is used over 80 times in the NT is, to anyone with half a brain, clearly, a grasping at straws.

• scholar
    scholar

Sanchy

Oh yes it does!!! For the reason that both the terms 'times' and' God's Kingdom' or its equivalent occurs often in Daniel 4.and please be advised that if theses terms are in the NT then sound exegesis would oblige the careful and prudent exegete to see how such similar terms are used in the OT.

scholar

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS dating of ancient Jerusalem's destruction in 607 BCE is just one of many false calculating doctrines the WTS cooked up to support Jesus's return or taking his heavenly throne in 1914.

The WTS has been selling this doctrine for over 140 years in its continuing literature proliferation agenda. Might they drop it in the future when the length of time extends to far from 1914, one should expect they will.

The WTS sold this farcical end time doctrine and hyped it just as they did the supposed 6000 years of mankind's existence.

This is not honest and accurate bible theological interpretation.

If it were, other Christian organizations would adopt it as well.

Its just theological bullshit commercialized to enhance literature sales.

Apostate scholar probably knows that as well.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Scholar wrote: "For the reason that both the terms 'times' and' God's Kingdom' or its equivalent occurs often in Daniel 4."

You can keep making a fool of yourself by spewing this laughable nonsense, but it still just that, nonsense. That the idea of God's Kingdom being eternal appears in this chapter does not in any way justify your injected secondary interpretation for the dream found in Dan 4. That concept (divine throne being eternal and superior) appears in the old testament dozens of times, and the term for "times" appears in the NT over 80 times.

Again, anyone can open up their Bibles and clearly see for themselves how the dream in Dan 4 is already interpreted for us by Daniel himself, with no suggestion of a mysterious, enigmatic, convoluted secondary meaning, as claimed by Watchtower and its followers like you.

As much as you keep trying, I dont think you will convince anyone with half a brain, using this argument.

• scholar
    scholar

Sanchy

I am not interested in convincing anyone especially yourself for my only reason in replying to your nonsense is simply to assist other readers that there is solid evidence based on sound exegesis of Dan4 that Gods Kingdom is presently reigning since 1914 as Daniel foretold.

Every occurrence in the NT is significant and such references depending on the context are eschatological thus confirming the validity of 1914 and 607 BCE

scholar

• scholar
    scholar

Finkelstein

Please be assured that WTS has produced unlike others solid Bible theological interpretation.

scholar

• Sanchy
    Sanchy
    Scholar wrote: "I am not interested in convincing anyone especially yourself for my only reason in replying to your nonsense is simply to assist other readers that there is solid evidence ..."

So you're not trying to convince anyone, but you are trying to convince some??? .... It's so like you to contradict yourself in the very first sentence, in pure JW fashion.

Scholar wrote: "...there is solid evidence based on sound exegesis of Dan4 that Gods Kingdom is presently reigning since 1914 as Daniel foretold."

Again, you can claim that false things are true, but that doesn't change reality. Anyone reading this board that wants to see for themselves can easily turn to Dan 4, read it, and find that Daniel NEVER "foretold" anything about 1914. You're assertions are baseless, absurd, and straight up ridiculous.

Here's what the bible says vs what you claim:

1) Daniel says the tree from the dream represents King Nebuchadnezzar. You (Watchtower follower) claim that the the tree ALSO has a secondary meaning, it being God's Ruler-ship. There is no evidence for this, other than your eisegetical analysis. Besides there being no evidence for this assertion, how ironic would it be for God to symbolize himself by using a pagan evil King whose kingdom he eventually destroyed.

2) Daniel says that the tree being chopped down means King Neb would go crazy for a while. You claim that it ALSO means that God's rulership on Earth would be interrupted.

3) Daniel says that the seven times applies to King Neb. You claim that the seven times ALSO applies to God's Kingdom, and that it somehow is connected to the "day for a year" scripture, and thus you create a funny math formula out of thin air where the "seven times" cryptically become 2,520 days that then magically become 2,520 years.

All of these second interpretations you have inserted into the dream are all a product of your own desire to excuse the failed 1914 formula. None of it is found in the fourth chapter of Daniel nor in scripture for that matter.

_________

Let me ask you something. A couple of pages back, while unsuccessfully trying to prove that the "seven times" can't be literal, you asked me:

"Well if believe that these are only literal years then can you account for these historically as the Babylonian Chronicles do not present this vacancy of Neb's kingship?"

How would you answer this question yourself?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit