Michael Bloomberg—what’s your opinion of him?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Do you really care about seeing someone’s tax returns?

Min ...

Not at all.

But if I make a campaign promise and then keep trying to hide the information afterwards, it just makes you wonder.

The Orange Man's excuse for "I am under audit" has expired. I don't know what he is trying to hide.

But I would still like to hear Bloomberg's response if they ask him for the same thing.

Rub a Dub

• throvis
    throvis

If you're interested in politics you might want to take some time to take the Political Compass test.

Then, after you're done compare it to this election cycle candidates: USA 2020

Also, you can guess where the majority of the population falls by thinking of a bell distribution curve along the y/x axis.

This test is often referred to by political scientists as a relatively accurate way to gauge where someone falls in the political spectrum.

If you are really curious you might also want to check past election political compasses or other countries' compasses

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Again, Trump is the lesser of the evils. Bloomberg is communist. Sanders is also communist. The Lizard would impose all sorts of reparations that would wipe out white people, along with all industry and revert us to the Dark Ages--also communist. Biden is an idiot. And KILLary would also revert us to communism, as with the Lizard. At least Trump is doing all he can to keep us out of global wars and globalism--though not succeeding, at least he is trying.

No, I do not want to be limited to CFL light bulbs, aspartame sodas, vegan poisonburgers (that are even worse than McDonald's poisonburgers), going back to a 55 MPH national speed limit, no guns except for criminals, and basically everything that is fun is banned. While I might not consume huge amounts of bacon and soft drinks (I do not like the effects of the high fructose corn syrup and nitrites), I think people should be free to use them. Unlike cancer sticks, there is no such thing as second hand bacon or second hand Coke. And, the last I knew, unlike alcohol and drugs, I know of nothing suggesting that Coke (or Pepsi, they are the same) driving or bacon driving is any more dangerous than soy (which I believe is even worse).

• Room 215
    Room 215

As one who has worked for -- and with -- Mike Bloomberg, I believe the measure of the man weighs decidedly in his favor. His philanthropy and activism, especially in his advocacy of sensible gun control measures and climate change, largely militate against his blunt, often caustic and stubborn nature. Typically, he's been tone-deaf to criticism of his simplistic, politically incorrect public policy statements, .i.e., on stop-and-frisk and red-lining, which he insists reflected pragmatism, not bigotry.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Min - it's all academic.

Hillary's gonna run against Trump for a rematch.

And she's gonna lose again! XD

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Room 215 ...

Thank you for the first-hand insightful analysis ... not just one-sided opinion as is so prevalent by ones that just read blogs or listen to the left and right news.

Rub a Dub

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Do you really care about seeing someone’s tax returns? I don’t. I don’t think any candidate needs to prove what money they make. As long as they are filing it’s their business.

Oh ye of little understanding... Let's see if we can get those brain gears of yours working. The reason why there is interest in seeing a president's tax returns is not to see how much money they make.

Now, come on, see if you can figure out the reason why that's important. Let's go, i'm sure you can do it.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

@Room 215

I could not have said it better myself.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I looked up his claim he shut down coal power plants. . BULLSHIT he didn't shut down no no coal plants.. he's a liar.

Ok i'll bite. Please provide references on where he claimed he shut down coal plants.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The reason why there is interest in seeing a president's tax returns is not to see how much money they make .... Now, come on, see if you can figure out the reason why that's important.

redvip2000 ...

The point is that when you promise to do something that is extremely easy to do, make that part of your political campaign, and then don't do it, there are questions that arise.

Offer to sell a car. Tell the person buying it that you have all the maintenance receipts and records and then after the sale, say that you are not going to turn over the records.

In Orange Man or Bloomberg's case, it could be done with a phone call.

It's pretty simple.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit