What the Heck are they talking about in todays meeting 7-19-20 Wife in full on cult mode

by goingthruthemotions 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• JeffT
    JeffT

Threads like this make me really really really really really glad my wife and I made it out at the same time.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Same here, so glad left at the same time. Actually hubby already knew it was bunk, he was just waiting quietly on me.

But I believe what I would do once everything is behind us, I would ask, So when is the end suppose to happen?

• wolverines
    wolverines

A friend of mines wife left him when he left the cult. She said she would wait for him and if he ever came back in the truth she would be there. LOL. They are so brainwashed and crazy. They hang on the drivel that comes out of the GBs mouth but show them facts and the history of the cult and they run from reality.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

A former acquaintance of mine many years ago told me his story about how he finally escaped the JW Borg.

His wife was clearly (to him) a fully involved and dedicated JW. So when he finally finished (secretly) reading a few books and watching some ex-JW YouTube videos - he was convinced he had to leave. There was no going back for him. He knew that he would have to admit to his wife that he could no longer stomach the JW bullcrap.

One night after dinner and before they started watching TV, he was helping her wash dishes when he said, "I want to leave." At first, she was very quiet. But then she asked him, "What do you mean? Do you want to leave me?"

"No, I don't want to leave you. I love you. But I can't go to any more meetings or watch any more JW.org videos I just can't and you needed to know that." They both stood at the sink and finished the dishes. Then she turned to him and said...

"Thank God! I was trying to figure out how to tell you that I wanted to leave and never go back to the Kingdom Hall. I was so scared you'd get angry and maybe want to divorce me. But I've been hating every minute going to meetings and watching JW.org for nearly a year. What a relief to hear you say that."

And that was that. They just stopped going. They threw out all of their old magazines and books and everything. After a couple of weeks, they got a call from one of the elders. The husband took the phone from his wife and said, "The Watchtower is bogus. Everything is a lie. They are just trying to control us and take our money. I've realized that since you guys started selling our Kingdom Hall and no literature was being printed anymore. We're leaving and we're leaving for good. While I still think of you and the other brothers and sisters as friends, I am willing to lose my friendship with all of you as long as you continue to be Witnesses. We're not angry. We're not mad. We're not confused. We're just done being Jehovah's Witnesses. Thank you for inquiring about us, but please do not call us again as long as you continue to be a JW."

"A clean break. Final and clear. No anger, no regrets, no animosity. Just goodbye, we're done, and we're not coming back."

I'll remember him telling me that story forever. In my head I could just see him "cutting the cord" and walking away, never looking back.

JV

• waton
    waton

may be the Friday video on family was grist for the mill for your pimi wife.

She is shown a family perfect as seen and created by wt inc. A assertive wife, seething with emotions, a wimpy husband complying even with her implied directions

all obeying "mother" big and small. .

wt makes her want a marriage like that. do you?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" What a relief to hear you say that."

My darling wife said much the same. Eventually. I just left Cold Turkey, no explanations to anybody, including Mrs Phizzy. She did not like the Meetings much, and hated F.S.

It was two or even three Weeks after I left before she asked " Are we never going back then ?".

I had intended a gentle, slow, Fade, but by that point had decided it would make me literally vomit to enter a K.H again, so I answered " No, we are not" She nodded, and asked nothing further then.

We gradually discussed the issue, over the subsequent Months, and indeed years. Until she said one day " No, I would never go back either". It took her longer to get over certain JW teachings and thoughts than me, and she certainly missed her "friends", and especially the children who she loved to see, talk to, and watch grow up.

I was lucky, I did not know how she would react, but, as a Lover of Truth my Conscience and Personal Integrity would not allow me to stay. Good luck all who are just about leaving !

I think the Hype around the "End" being so close is whipped up by the G.B, but even more so by the Rank and File Dubs. Every time over the years, when the hype has reached fever pitch, there has been a backlash, when it all dies down, Dubs slacken off, and many leave. The same will happen with this.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The Zoom 2020 Convention is a perfect example of total F.O.G.

Fear because of the king of the north, king of the south, gog of magog, etc. (I'm scared shitless how about you?)

Obligation to "attend" the online convention (followed up later on Zoom for a local rehash of the convention talks)

Guilt if you don't get dressed up like you're attending a live meeting!

just saying!

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Man, those stories of couples getting out together are what dreams are made of. Of course this will never be my case. She is willing to die for the cult.

And to the point of the convetion.

She gets all dressed up, even puts on perfume to sit by herself to listen to the convetion. kinda creepy.....our son's just look at her in shock. i wouldn't be suprised if she packs a lunch one time. LOL

it's just all sucks so much

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

It's just the mind set is there so much. The constant, never-ending obligation. Even during the pandemic.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Just like 75, it came with alot of hype and sunk. Everytime something bad is happening WT uses it for control and more money and then it all burns out. Nothing happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit