Milton Henchel is dead

by beroea 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Xander
    Xander

So, tell me, sword, would you have been upset at those who didn't grieve when Hitler died? How about Stalin? Maybe the death count they have on their heads is too high to compare - at least Manson, surely? Would you be upset if no one grieved when HE died?

• Valis
    Valis

swordofjunk should have no problem with this particular facet of Theocratic Warfare. He tells us all the time Jehover's pissed of at us and we're gonna die...and then let the rejoicing begin!

eheh Nina...our planning session was truly spirit directed.

I wonder if he thought he would die before Armageddon? AND I wonder if his last thought was ..."DOH!"

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• rocketman
    rocketman

Well, normally, a death is sad, but since he's supposed to be in heaven now.....

• Matty
    Matty

I met him many many years ago when I was a child and found him to be a very kind, warm hearted man.

To a lesser or greater degree we all share the burden of guilt in spreading Watchtower lies, and so we are all bloodguilty in that respect. Well, did he actually know that he was disseminating lies? That's a tricky question but I think no, I don't honestly think he did. Did he truly and genuinely believe that he was assigned by God himself and that he had the truth and his blessing? I think he did, because I certainly thought I was blessed by God.

He was just a silly deluded old fool and that's it, why should I hate him. I feel very sad for all Jehovah's Witnesses, hate is a wasted emotion.

• Jourles
    Jourles

I think Freeman said:

he was a victim of a cult

When you finally make it to the top and have an excellent understanding of how the machine works, you realize that it is nothing more than your typical business corporation. Milton knew that. Even if he was deluded into thinking this was god's organization from when he was young, there can be no question that is not what he thought once he became a "made man" on the GB. Even the young Ray Franz realized it.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

.."she actually made a special trip to Puerto Rico to buy beautiful crystal wine glasses for his dinner with us"....

Cruz: Obviously he didnt advise you to sell them and donate the proceeds to the poor.

• battman
    battman

You guys are on a "roll" today!!!! I was having a bad hair day but by

the time I finished reading all your "dissing of da man" my shirt was wet

with tears I was laughing so hard. Brilliant commentary.

Cheers to all,

battman

• D8TA
    D8TA
    You people are the most vicious and evil people I have ever encountered.

As opposed to those people that peddle two magazine and some books about how their "God Jehovah" only wuvs THEIR religion? Then have articles devoted about how nasty all churches are? With pictures of priests and churches being destroyed? Mosques? Temples?

That their "god jehovah" is going to kill billions and you "praise" him for that, because he only accepts you?

This is coming from a person whose literature has countless examples of pictures of people being killed at "armageddon", (men-women-children-cats-dogs)...with "smiling" JW's in the background?

The same people that cry foul when their rights are opressed, but blantantly opress such rights on their own people and others?

Cause families to break up?

People to die?

Yep...we sure are "vicious and cruel" aren't we. Maybe next time, before you type your hypocrisy Sword of Jah, you will remember that "being a JW" does not excuse you as being a human being.

What is it, that your archaic rule book says (the one I don't live by, so it doesn't apply to me)? Before removing that speck from your brother's eye, first remove the plank from your own eye.

Now go back to your Kingdomcave and highlight some answers in your upcoming book study, and be more concerned about your own apathetic pursuit for "everlasting life".

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    I do think some of the comments here are in poor taste (sorry guys), but the fact is that I have heard countless "JW jokes" making fun of non-JWs in distasteful and, sometimes, cruel ways.

logansrun: Agreed. I read a thread yesterday about a circuit assembly where one of the speakers compared kissing a worldly person to kissing a corpse. How mean, disgusting and incredibly insensitive that is.

As for the comments on this thread, I don't blame any of you for feeling that way. You have been severely hurt by a mean, hypocritical, vicious organization, and the man who died was the titular head of that organization for many years. I believe that our hurt and anger must be expressed or it will destroy us and that's what this forum is for. People like Sword of Jah are here merely to inflate their pathetic egos by downgrading others. That is the cheapest form of self-expression.

Matty and I actually met Milton Henschel and saw him as a man, through a child's eyes. He was nice to us and that's what counts in our memories of him. He seemed sincere (and kids have a pretty good BS meter -- I also knew Ted Jaracz when I was a kid and NEVER liked him) in his beliefs and he also didn't seem to be the type of guy who could run a large corporation very well. Maybe he didn't know how to get out.

And, no, he didn't tell us to sell the glasses and give the proceeds to the poor! Great comment, refiners fire! I swear, that's the only time in my entire life that I ever saw my mother show deference to ANYBODY. Maybe that's why I liked him -- he tamed the tiger, if only for an evening! You should have seen what she did to our circuit overseer (but he deserved it).

Rock on, guys. If we can't say what we feel on this forum we might as well pack up our toys and go home.

Nina

• seawolf
    seawolf

That picture of him reminds me of the principal in Back to the Future. McFly!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit