Milton Henchel is dead

by beroea 99 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby
    Who has a picture of Henschel ? I always mix him up with Jaracz...

It doesn't matter. When men get that old......they all look alike. Kind of like RF's pictures.

Notice his hand in the picture? There are so many wrinkles on the top of his hand....it looks like an iraq

roadmap!

Gumby

• freeman
    freeman

Last Saturday we had to put our 10-year-old Lab to sleep (she had cancer). It was just a dog but everyone in my family was very upset, myself included. However, the only sadness I can bring myself to feel about the passing of Milton Henschel is that he was a victim of a cult and wasted his life promoting it’s cause. And of course this is offset by some anger that he to victimized others through his actions.

I find it disheartening that I can mourn the family dog and can’t feel the same for a fellow human being. And folks that’s what this cult does, it changes the dynamic of normal natural human affection, and in it’s wake it destroys families, like mine. Milton, I only wish you could take the rest of the Unfaithful Slave with you.

Freeman

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I know that it isn't appropriate or fashionable to speak ill of the dead.

Yet, this man's life was dedicated to the promotion of a cause that has resulted in incalculable amounts of pain and grief to huge numbers of people. I am saddened that he did this while honestly thinking that he was performing the most important and valuable work on the planet.

So, with this disclaimer, such as it is, I hereby put a curse on his grave, and express the wish that he will shortly be joined by his partners in crime.

• TR
    TR

NOW we will have to come up with some things that will make him spin in his grave! It's not over yet, Milty!

TR

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

My memories of Milton Henschel: he had trouble with skin cancer because so many of his assignments had been in the tropics and sunscreen wasn't widely used then, which is why his skin sometimes appeared mottled. He was our Zone Overseer when I was a kid in St. Croix and I remember him coming to the island to settle some dispute or another. He seemed very gentle and kind and took the time to talk to the children in the congregation, including me, and play in the ocean with us at the congregation picnic we had for him. My mother -- a respecter of no man -- actually made a special trip to Puerto Rico to buy beautiful crystal wine glasses for his dinner with us. Those glasses were kept in my grandmother's china cabinet ever after and were used only for a couple of Memorials, UNTIL February 16, 2003, when they were brought out of the cabinet, gently washed and dried, and used to toast our beloved District Overbeer while we planned the Dallas Apostafest. I just adore the irony of that!

Nina

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

cruzanheart,

I just adore the irony of that!

Me, too. Loved the post.

Gamaliel

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Can anyone actually confirm this?

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Hey, I thought he was dead already. Anyone planing to attend the funeral?

Brian

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Milton Henchel is dead

Finally someone noticed.

Expatbrit

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The wages of sin is death..Looks like he got paid off..Will he go back in time and be resurected in 1975? Only to live his wasted life over and over again..Or is he shoveling coal in hell waiting for my mom to re-take her job as boss..Satan is just a replacement till my mom gets back..LOL!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit