Help with 1975 please

by jhine 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton
    have ended, The teaching that the Millennium will end with the closing of the 7th creative day has not been changed by the WT . “God’s rest day will continue until his purpose in connection with it has been fully realized at the end of Christ’s Thousand Year Reign.” WT July 15, 2011

Fm, and that shows that wt writers are still totally wrong again, because after "the purpose is fully realized" the whole thing blows up again, because

after the 1000 years, after the 7 creative days have ended. after the rest day has ended,

in the following day, the camp of the holy ones is attacked from all sides.

taking a rest, thinking it is all over, and waking up to a new nightmare

to the tune the song : Monday, Monday.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Gen1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" .

The WT/JW `s have stated in their publications that this could have taken place millions if not billions of years ago ,we don`t know .

The creative days of 7000 years only applies to when God turned his attention to the earth and making it a paradise for humans .

I think some people get confused over that distinction .

• waton
    waton
    old WTs which clearly state that 1975 was THE year .

Jhine, When you see wt writers, F Franz in this case, searching for a possible confluence of all their speculations, You can see why they flew that 1975 kite, to see if it would bring the divine Lightning discharge, to use the Benjamin Franklin /Thor analogy.

1975 was the limit of a natural 60 year generation, a kid turning grandmother, counting from 1914.
    1975 also fitted the outcome of their "begat" sequencing.

Bringing the 2 wt mistakes together,

wt now has the final generation as the anointed, dying before Armageddon. But jesus said that the generation would pass away after all has that endtime trouble has occurred.

So who among Armageddon survivors will pass away? make that to be the rebels that die after the 1000 years, after the creative days have ended, die forever after the rest day has ended.

make that "flying the kite" after 3075. (2 centenarian overlappers + 1000)

Newton would have it in 3060 btw.

• jhine
    jhine

Thank you to Anna Marina and Waton . My little brain is totally boggled by all this. I'm pretty sure that the average Witness simply gives up trying to keep track , which might be part of the cunning plan.

Jan .

• Earnest
    Earnest

waton : Newton would have it in 3060 btw.

Newton did mention 2060 but note the context (Yahuda MS 7.3g folio 13 verso) :

So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half; recconing twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060. It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. And This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fansifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast.

What does that mean? —If 1260 can be used to set limits or to calculate/ know the time or see son when Christ comes,

• waton
    waton
    Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast.

What does that mean?

Fm: Acts 1:6 puts it even more direct, " It is not given to you to understand times, appointed times, which the Father has put in his own Jurisdiction.

Jesus must have meant bible research, interpretation, because the work of Newton, Kepler 400 years ago, allows us to predict Eclipses centuries in advance,***

Gen 1;1 sets the tone. it is wrong, the Earth was not created in the beginning, but 10 billion years later. The socalled days, the 1000 years per day rule follows. The "begats" follow, making things more wrong at every step.

which might be part of the cunning plan.

Jhine , yeah, wt wants all to be little working robots, programmed to see life as an endless series of sprints, with target dates, special campaigns, message trumpets, ha ha.

*** hope to see you all on 4, 8, 2024 @ 3pm 27 min 37 sec in really upstate NY. or sunnier location of your choice.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina
    My little brain is totally boggled by all this. I'm pretty sure that the average Witness simply gives up trying to keep track , which might be part of the cunning plan.
    Jan .

Yes Jan - part of the cunning plan. Not only of WT but anyone wanting to make you think are too thick to understand something, when really they are making a fog of confusion out of something in order to to make you imagine they know better than you.

Think of the magician with the three cups and the little ball hidden beneath. He moves the cups so fast it is difficult to follow which cup the ball is under. Also he has likely hidden the ball up his sleeve. So you never stood a chance of getting the answer right based on the information he presented you with. But if you knew his trick and saw through what he was doing, he would make sure the rest of his audience never got to learn what it was you knew. Because if they all knew he would have no hold on their minds.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" .

The WT/JW `s have stated in their publications that this could have taken place millions if not billions of years ago ,they don`t know .

However in their publications eg .the" Paradise lost Paradise Regained" book I think it was in there they stated that it was only when God turned his attention to populating the earth with humans , that the creative days were determined to be 7000 years long .

And not from the beginning of creation in Gen 1:1

And that was because human recorded history only goes back about 6000 years ,and the GB reckoned that it would now be a good time for Jesus Christ to begin his 1000 year reign .

And that`s how they calculated 6000 years back from then which gave them 1975 ,and projected JC reign to go for another 1000 years.

The creative days of 7000 years only applies to when God turned his attention to the earth and making it a paradise for humans .

I hope that clarifies it all somewhat .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit