Help with 1975 please

by jhine 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NOWWHAT? & JEFF T:

I came in the late ‘70s and not a word was directly mentioned to me (as a new ‘study’) about this fiasco!

Something might have been mentioned obliquely about ‘people who only served for a date’, but nothing more was said. I didn’t know what they were referring to and it was never brought up again. I had already been ‘in’ for a while when a young couple in a car group were referring to an older lady who no longer came. The guy said: “She’s a 75-er”. I asked what he was talking about. It was only then I got a sense of what had happened.

I knew nothing about this or any of the JW religion’s hidden history or I might have thought twice about joining!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

According to JW Bible chronology, Adam was created 6000 years before 1975 (4026 BCE). JW figured that the Millennium would begin soon after 1975 because according to JW doctrine, each Creative Day is 7000 year in length. And the 1000 year long Millennium adds up perfectly with the 6000 years ending in 1975.

And based on the belief that humanity is living during God’s Sabbath: (“And by the seventh day, God had completed the work that he had been doing, and he began to rest on the seventh day from all his work that he had been doing. 3 And God went on to bless the seventh day and to declare it sacred, for on it God has been resting from all the work that he has created, all that he purposed to make. COMPARE “For this reason the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because he was doing these things during the Sabbath. 17 But he answered them: “My Father has kept working until now, and I keep working.”’—Jesus was alluding to the ongoing Creative Sabbatical Day mentioned in Genesis.

Since the ongoing Creative Sabbath Day should end by 7000 years based on JW belief that it is 7000 years long, it was JW belief that 1000 years Millennium ( starting on 1975 ) after the 6000 year old Creative Sabbath would fit perfectly in time to fulfill God’s purpose for humanity: 6000+1000=7000= end of 7th Creative day. And at the end of day, God would declare the 7th Creative Day: GOOD.

• waton
    waton
    Creative Sabbath would fit perfectly in time to fulfill God’s purpose for humanity: 6000+1000=7000

F: wt still clings to that fixed time frame. They still, in recent writings refused to admit that the final test, destruction in the lake of fire will occur in the post-millennium period. In the projected wt land, it still al happens "at the end of the 1000 year rule" . not after. as the scriptures specify.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    wt still clings to that fixed time frame.

Insight Book still shows 1975 as 6000 years after the creation of Adam and 4026 the year of Adam’s creation. However the belief that each creative yom is 7000 years in length has changed.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

If you're in a hurry, fast forward to 3:30

https://youtu.be/qqjzgYnq5Uo

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    the post-millennium period.

If I recall, JW teaching in the yellow Kingdom of 1000 years book published in the 1970s, the final test occurs after mankind becomes perfect, so that would be after the Millennium.

• waton
    waton
    If I recall, JW teaching in the yellow Kingdom of 1000 years book published in the 1970s,

F: but consistently wt has still, within the last year used their hackneyed phrase " at the end of the thousand years". which reflects their wishful thinking that after the 7000/1000 years are ended, there will no more mess to be dealt with.

the talking snake would be highly displeased.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Have you looked here?

https://jwfacts.com/watchtower/1975.php

Lots of quotes from articles there.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That 1975 being the end of 6000 years of human history was first mentioned in a publication that was released at an assembly in 1969 .i think it was called "Life everlasting In freedom Of The Sons of God" if memory serves me correct.

And it was suggested there that it would be appropriate for Jesus to then begin his thousand reign.

What the average JW does not know is that 1975 was not the first date the GB had said that 6000 years would end in 1975.

Somewhere in their earlier publications you will find they believed and taught a much earlier date was the end of 6000 yrs of human history. And with new light , they had to make an adjustment to come up with 1975.

If memory serves me correct it had to do with someone called " Usher" chronology" ? being so many years out , maybe 40 yrs ? or so.?

• jhine
    jhine

Wow guys , thanks .

I have replied using a couple of screenshots from the Watchtowers talking about 1975 . So far the JW hasn't responded.

I imagine someone born into , or who entered into , the Witness after 75 . As someone has mentioned the fiasco was conveniently forgotten when it didn't happen .

Anyone who wasn't directly involved has been told , l suppose , that this is an apostate lie .

It may well have come as a shock to the lady to see facts in print. If it makes a difference to her who knows. However the more information that becomes public the more others may be put off from joining .

Chocolate cookies, l will be round later.

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit