Help with 1975 please

by jhine 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Just4Real
    Just4Real

1975 and the JWS is just an example how much bullshit people will accept with faithful zeal and loyalty.

I was young teenager then and I remember many JWS putting off marrying, having children, they quite school, getting out in service was more important.

I too accepted somewhat what the WTS was saying but a part me questioned it a little.

Reviewing back how the WTS came to their dating conclusion ending up to 1975, we got played, scammed, exploited and manipulated by the GB leaders of the WTS.

• waton
    waton

1975, we got played, scammed, exploited and manipulated by the GB leaders of the WTS.

J4R, IN THE MEANTIME AFTER 1969, WT INC KEPT BUYING PROPERTIES IN BROOKLYN AND WHO KNOWS ELSEWHERE. but so did I,

because I could not believe in 1969 , when 1975 was studied in the book study, that Armageddon was 6+ years away, therefore , plenty of time to make a house pay over renting ha ha.was dragged into the real estate marked kicking and screaming. now creeming.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    either were not alive at the time or have developed selective amnesia.

TD

It is true that “Aid to Bible Understanding” aka the aid book published in 1969 by WT stated ( my copy still does) that Eve gave birth to Seth at the age of 130. It also states on page 333 that Seth was born 130 years after the creation of Adam. What can the JW reader conclude about 1975 when comparing these 2 articles? Another variable in the 1975 equation though, is what the Scriptures Inspired book said about the uncertainty of the date of the creation of Eve, therefore, possibly extending 1975. ( Today, 1975 is stated in the Insight book as 6,000 years from the creation of Adam and it also states that Seth was born 130 years after the creation of Adam.

Keep in mind that 1975 as the start of the Millennium is based on the premise that the 7th Creative Day is 7000 years in length. Back then the WT taught that each creative day is 7000 years in length so the age of universe would only be about 48,000 years old but today the Insight Book offers a different theory.

It was business as usual for the WT as 1975 approached and went although in the midst of that, wt literature showed that the Millennium would start circa 1975 but wt literature did not SAY that the “end” would come in 1975.

Today, because science has evidently falsified the belief that the universe or the earth is 48,000 years old as the case may be (here is the history of the heavens and the earth), also affects the belief that the 7th creative day with the Millennium is 7000 years long although it is still very logical to believe it is even though the other creative days may be billions.

• waton
    waton
    wt literature showed that the Millennium would start circa 1975 but wt literature did not SAY that the “end” would come in 1975.

Fm: It is understood, that The millenium is ushered in by Armageddon. The kingdom of 1914 might run concurrently with satan's exclusive hold on Earth, and the last generation, but surely not post Armageddon.

You say beginning of the 1000 year reich and you say Arma-geddon

7th creative day with the Millennium is 7000 years long although it is still very logical to believe it is even though the other creative days may be billions.

wt now teaches that the creative days only apply to, describe the local conditions as seen from the Earth's surface, not the actual creation of photons, the sun or the moon.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

DOC ,it took me 32 years ,maybe we were slow learners .Looking back now ,and how my mind was before joining the JW`s ,I was 19-20 when i did. Who was this person ? I can`t believe the person I was back then did so ?

When I was a child ,12 yrs old I rebelled about being told by my parents to attend Sunday school ,it was bad enough I had to go to real school 5 days a week .

At school I wouldn`t join the cadets as that would interfere with my own free time , so how did i get sucked into slaving for the WT / JW religion ?

I guess that they got me at a vulnerable time in my life.

• jhine
    jhine

Actually they did mention the Fall of 1975

Jan

• mikronboy
    mikronboy
    You have to hand to people like F Franz of the Watchtower for he was truly a prolific sensationalist with information. It should be realized he was also a key player within the writing department of the Watchtower Corporation .

Whenever I think of Fred Franz, and I heard him speak several times, I'm reminded of a certain Minister of Propaganda. He didn't look too different either..

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Jan

They say the Fall (Autumn) because in Israel the Secular Calendar starts in the Autumn, the 7th month Tishri turns the year. The Ecclesiastical Calendar starts in Spring and the 1st month Nisan turns the year.

The Bible does not use the Secular Calendar, it uses the Ecclesiastical one.

Looks like WT thinks Adam was created in the Autumn. So by their calculations he must have gone hungry for a bit as he went through Winter.

(Genesis 1:29) . . .And God went on to say: “Here I have given to you all vegetation bearing seed which is on the surface of the whole earth and every tree on which there is the fruit of a tree bearing seed. To you let it serve as food.

Maybe they think he had some pumpkins to eat. And maybe they think that newly created Adam appreciated autumn colour, was happy with windfalls and liked kicking piles of dried leaves.
  • Rivergang
    Rivergang
    I guess that they got me at a vulnerable time in my life.

I think that that has often got a lot to do with it - it certainly was in my case.

Another factor that may come in is one often displayed by victims of any sort of a scam. After investing so much already in what is now plainly a scam, some victims are still reluctant to pull out "just in case it might be correct after all".

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

TD

The teaching that the Millennium will end with the closing of the 7th creative day has not been changed by the WT . “God’s rest day will continue until his purpose in connection with it has been fully realized at the end of Christ’s Thousand Year Reign.” WT July 15, 2011

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit