A call from family - Armageddon this month!

by kaik 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    If one tells me Armageddon is about to happen, I'm going to tell them then bend over and kiss your ass goodbye because no JW's going to enter in to the kingdom of God. Why would God let them in when they do not follow the teachings or commandments of Jesus.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    What time?
  • westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    '.it'll come like a thief in the night'....'no one knows the day or the hour'...'that day will suddenly be upon them'...etc etc..so how dare they suggest they know when this thief will come...false prophets.....
  • blondie
    blondie

Paradise soon is a common WTS phrase. But here the WTS chastises for not understanding what soon means in WTS speak.

*** w99 7/15 p. 18 par. 9 Anchored by Hope, Impelled by Love ***

A few dedicated Christians in some parts of the world appear to have reefed the sails of their ship of faith. The ship is still afloat, but instead of forging ahead in full faith, they have adopted a cruising speed. Drawn by the hope of “Paradise soon,” some were prepared to spare no efforts to attain it—zealous in the preaching work and regular in attendance at all meetings, assemblies, and conventions. Now thinking that the realization of their hopes is farther off than they anticipated, they have lowered the price they are willing to pay. This is evident in reduced preaching activity, irregularity at meetings, and willingness to miss parts of assembly or convention programs. Others are devoting more time to recreation and to obtaining material comforts. These facts lead us to consider what should be the driving force in our lives in line with our dedication to Jehovah. Should our zeal in his service be dependent on the hope of “Paradise soon”?

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    I've just had a text from an elder's wife. Telling me "all have been instructed to attend sunday meeting because there's going to be an extremely important announcement that could mean my life". Ooooh err missus. She's a lovely lady, but totally uberdub.
  • sparky1
    sparky1

"Because there is a great crowd of people of good will today living who will survive the world catastrophe of Armageddon and enter the world of new heavens and new earth without going down into the grave or ever afterward having the need to die and cease to exist. That means that Armageddon is so near at hand it will strike the generation now living." - YOU MAY SURVIVE ARMAGEDDON INTO GOD'S NEW WORLD 1955 edition page 11 paragraph 7 W.T.B.T.S. publishers

"Not just to live through the coming universal war and to die afterward, but to continue living afterward in God's new world-that is the solidly based opportunity set before people of this generation. That means that many will not die off the face of the earth. They will keep living to enjoy the earth in a paradise condition forever. This earth has had many generations of humankind live upon it; and the inspired saying has been true: 'A generation goes, and a generation comes, but the earth remains forever.' (Ecclesiastes 1:4 RS) Here the generations have been literal, and so the 'earth' here meant is also literal. Many of the present generation of mankind may have the privilege of remaining on earth as long as the earth remains-forever."-YOU MAY SURVIVE ARMAGEDDON INTO GOD'S NEW WORLD 1955 edition page 31 paragraph 1 W.T.B.T.S publishers

This was the book my mother studied to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses. She died in 2000 at the age of 75 in a hospital. A few days before she died she said, 'Sparky, I want to go home. I know Armageddon is just a few weeks away and then everything will be o.k.'

As a wise and prolific poster here is fond of saying: 'Wash, rinse and repeat!' and 'Let's review: IT'S A CULT!'

• kaik
    kaik
    I called my sis and she was at the field service and she did not have a time to talk to me. I bet she wont be doing much field service once November 1st arrives, and apathy and unfulfilled expectation settles in. This is a crazy circle: Indifference-Apathy-Hype-Tons of field work-Disappointment, repeat...
  • kaik
    kaik
    I talked to my sister over the weekend, and very gently reminded her the concern she had over my well being during the October in the case of Armageddon. Since my sister used to shun me for years and it was not until recently that she is opened to me; I did not want to attack her beliefs. It would shut the door and I can lose the contact with her forever. But as I had expected, she went with kids to mountains to take an advantage of the beautiful weekend and see the changes of leaves. She skipped her KH meeting as well. No word on Armageddon, but she tried to explain to me that Jehovah tests his servants to be ready for Jesus arrival. She said that JW are getting passive with spreading the good news because we do not known when the Armageddon will arrive. And JWs need to save more people, etc. Pretty much she talk to me like nothing happened, no sense of urgency. I feel the disappointment will settle in. But the denial and brainwashing from the cult is unbelievable. I wish she could see the BS in that organization and leave.
  • Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

At least she didn't say it happened invisibly.

• Listener
    Listener

You handled that well Kaik, pressing the point with her would not be a good idea.

I am glad she got away for the weekend. It is surprising that real die hard JWs don't mind missing the meetings these days and doing less in field service.

I know of one couple that after more than 30 years of pioneering are now taking steps to own their own house and focusing more on earning a better income.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit