A call from family - Armageddon this month!

by kaik 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

Armageddon is definitely coming this month...

... unless it doesn't...

... in which case, they never said it...

... and never believed it...

... you just misunderstood...

... but Armageddon is definitely just around the corner...

• TheListener
    TheListener

The dubs live in expectation of the end so it's no wonder that every event in the world and in their organization is viewed through that lens and gets them very excited.

It seems that recently with the refugees, the pope's US visit and all the changes in the organization itself that many in my wife's local hall (even my wife it seems - remember she doesn't talk to me about it but her activity has upticked and she's talked some to the kids) are really thinking that the great tribulation is really coming fast.

I wonder how long it will take them to settle down again and if that will have any after-effect such as depression or lack of zeal for awhile....again

• Ding
    Ding

This thread reminds me of a story I heard about a JW who was out in service in 1975 and told the householder that Armageddon was definitely coming by the end of the year.

The householder said, "If you really believe that, then deed over your house to me, effective January 1, 1976. If you're right, I won't be here to take it and if you're wrong you'll quit spouting nonsense like this."

End of encounter.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ding - Priceless.

I s'pose it's all about turning it back to them in a way that makes them have to give something up that's valuable to them when their prediction fails.

• username
    username
    Crap I've not put my bin out either!
  • blondie
    blondie

I just use Matthew 24:44 and have ever since 1966

On this account, you too prove yourselves ready,+ because the Son of man is coming at an hour that you do not think to be it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I wonder if TOMO has his 'go bag' ready?
  • tiki
    tiki
    Several years ago my mother was slipping into dementia...she'd long quit going to meetings...she decided somewhere along the line that she was agoraphobia so couldn't do the duties anymore..so one day she asks me when is Armageddon..my reply...it already happened...this is the new world. She bought it.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ tiki...

I can't decide if that was incredibly kind or incredibly cruel...

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

So we all know and are seeing that as the Org is taking some kind of financial beating it is being interpreted, either by design or not, that ARMAGEDDON IS COMING ANY SECOND NOW

Well from our vantage point we can see the only end that may be near is for the publishing company itself, WTBTS, and not the world. Its sickening to hear loved ones and friends say this, that this means the desert god is coming to wipe out most of humanity. Just look at TM3's face and the message of the org. It is one not of a group excited Armageddon is in fact here, but one that their precious club is crumbling by the day. So I was thinking about this, and instead of being disturbed about this view point of the R&F i say this.

GOOD!!!

This will be another disappointment that will eventually wake another group. as the next year rolls by and so on and no Armageddon, disillusionment will continue. So believe witnesses, the more you set yourselves up for disappointment over false ends, the more wake up!

FMF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit