A call from family - Armageddon this month!

by kaik 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jayjay78
    jayjay78

i did the same thing when the twin towers fell on 9/11..

called all my df'd and inactive family and friends saying that the end is going to happen any day..

feel a bit silly now..

• stan livedeath
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    if they will continue worshiping WT after October 31? This pretty much ended the call

Good response to cut through the cult nonsenese....and....Yes. that's about the size of it isn't it?! The poor JWs getting in a lather about something that hasn't been 'authorised(tm)' by the GB. I wonder what they'll have to say on the 1st November?

They need something to be excited about. Let's face it, the life of a JW is drab and worthless.

• username
    username

So I guess the great tribulation is either going to be extremely short or bypasses, Jehovah has grown impatient and decided not to wait for the "cry" for peace and security so he is going to put it in the UN leaders hearts to turn on religion.

Now I have a problem with the latter, actually, it's more of a dilemma. If Jehovah is going to put it into the hearts of the UN leaders , Wouldn't there have been the best opportunity just last week when every single world leader congregated to listen to the pope? It's October, JW's love October!

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I tell you, sounds like a mini-hysteria wave, 1975 type all over again. And remember, the GB never said anything, it was all the rank and file expectations running amok.

Eden

• Half banana
    Half banana
    I think JWs are mistaking the imminence of Big A for the private Armageddon which will soon be visiting the WTBTS.
  • disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2
    Five years ago my sister-in-law put on Facebook after returning from assembly: a speaker at the assembly said, concerning Armageddon, IT'S NOT SOON IT'S HERE! She was so excited. This of course was greeted with loud applause. Idiots!
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I would ask, "Which publication is that in? Which broadcast from the Governing body endorses this? Because, I wouldn't want to be following a 'private interpretation' that isn't GB approved."
  • stillin
    stillin
    Now, now. They will pat themselves on the back years from now and say to themselves " we were awaiting and keeping close in mind the presence of the day of Jehovah." Even though it still hasn't come.
  • fukitol
    fukitol
    Your relatives must be batshit crazy. They sound more like excitable members of the Heavens Gate Hale Bopp comet doomsday cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit