1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    tomorrow I am going to express my rights. I am not going to McDonalds and I am not going to eat any french fries.

Nevermind the fact that french fries aren't from france, the lunatic fringe is always out there.

Did you know that today the House of Representatives (435 members) voted overwhelmingly to support our President in this action? (Only 11 voted against it). Did you also know that the Senate (100 members) voted 99 to 0 to support our President in this operation?

Just shows how many wimps we have elected. These are the same wimps that voted for the un-Patriot act. Those 11 people are heroes.

• myself
    myself

xw, I only said tomorrow. I will however compensate with chocolate during my expression tomorrow

• Azalo
    Azalo

I tend to not post on these topics because my views are so far left of the majority of posters and I find it silly to try to argue my position with anyone. After all one thing I think we all agree on is that we have the right to believe whatever we want.

That being said the fact that the majority of congress voted in favor of war or whatever means absolutely nothing. In the current climate it is political suicide to vote otherwise, or so it seems... (It will be interesting if this war becomes "unpopular" what kind of spin all the lemmings in congress will try to put on their vote to save their necks)

The polls that state Americans are in favor of the war have to be taken with a grain of salt as does anything else that is reported in the mass media. 90% propaganda, 9.9% half truths

OK go ahead and take your shots if you must. BTW I am active duty US military

• LB
    LB

I have never seen an army so happy to lose a war as those Iraqi's. Something to be said there. Truck loads of soldiers, arms high in the air and one Marine marching them in. This is a very good thing. Much less death this way.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

It's already happening. We have to deal with that, like it or not.

Noone is coming home from this war because someone is protesting but it is a consititutional right and a freedom we have fought for on the lives of soldiers past.

Kinda ironic eh?

XW

• Robdar
    Robdar

Kinda ironic eh?

Totally ironic. Ironic, bittersweet and sadly beautiful.

Robyn

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

I want to know when the lunatic fringe is going to ask to have the Statue of Liberty sent back. It's french.

• LB
    LB

Charlie that's it, you've pushed me too far. No more french kissing.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Better take back your French Tickler too LB. :)

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

LOL, Charlie. You expressing your right to free speech and expression is a constituional guaruntee. Others doing the same is the lunatic fringe.

Maybe the French will ask for it back? Since we are such a horrible nation now? No problem from me, just pay us back for what we spent with private funds to restore and repair it.

Maybe they should be thinking about why it was given in the first place. That being, we like seeing everyone with liberty and that includes those under the control of a ruthless dictator, even if our former benefactors of a statue wish them to stay enslaved so that they can make billions of dollars off of oil contracts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit