Do you know who wrote ...

by vienne 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

How do you know that ? vienne ? with any certainty ?

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Hi Vienne,

Harry Peloyan joined bethel in 1957 while this book was released in 1959. I am not sure that he would be given the job to write this major historical 320 page book just within 2 years of joining Bethel.

Barbara Anderson in one of her posts mentioned that John Wischuk wrote this book

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/242276/kingdom-proclaimers-book-who-wrote-this-pile-sht

• blondie
    blondie

In Rutherford's time his name was on the book as writer.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Whoever wrote it, I reckon Mad Freddie Franz had a great deal of influence over it, his weirdness shines through. The Format is particularly weird, that never ending conversation between " Lois" and some guy.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

It that the book where at the end the couple decide to not have children until after armageddon?

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Thank you all for the clarifications.

jtg

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    smiddy: was it Marley Cole or Macmillan in his book that gave the impression he was not a witness when actually he was.?

It was Marley Cole.

Cole was presented simply as a journalist - no mention of him being a JW. His first book Jehovah's Witnesses The New World Society was actually a collaboration between him and Knorr. Cole had moderate success (published by a vanity publisher after no other publisher would take it) with his first book but his second book, Triumphant Kingdom, hardly made a hiccup. Likely because his first book was promoted by the WTS and the second one wasn't.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

PE - The book where the couple decide not to have children is called, with no irony intended, "Children" a Rutherford book from 1941, the bit you're referring to is on page 366.

Phizzy - totally agree, that book has Freddy's half truths and misleading statements in abundance. However, I believe the book had several contributors, and therefore no single author.

• Earnest
    Earnest

John Wischuk (mentioned above) began going in service in 1941; was baptized in 1946, began pioneering in 1949 and then came to Bethel in October 1951. In March 1954 he was assigned to the Editorial Department (now Writing). He certainly fits the bill.

He has been a director of the Watchtower Society since 2000.

• vienne
    vienne

Watchtower books are written by committees with one principal author. So both Peloyan and Wischuck may have been involved. Wischuk is dead, or I'd just ask him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit