Do you know who wrote ...

by vienne 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
    sparky1

I believe that John Wischuk was the primary writer and I think that Chris Zell's father had a hand in it, also. When Chris got married, I stayed in his fathers home on Long Island and this subject came up in conversation. He was out of Bethel service by then with a family but sometimes contributed to the writing staff from home, much like Barbara Anderson did when she first left Bethel service. I recall that he had a hand in writing Let God Be True. At any rate, I could be full of it. Do you recall anything about this, Newboy?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I don't know what author or authors wrote it. But I did read it and have a copy. One thing that I found enlightening is that they went to great effort to craft their position on getting the classification of 'minister' established. The Walsh case was the culmination of that effort, the first time a witness was classified as a minister and thus exemption from the draft. After reading about it, I purchased a copy of the Walsh case and read it.

• blondie
    blondie

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/301987013?q=author+rutherford&p=par

When the case was heard before a tribunal in Bern on August 26, 1936, Brother Rutherford was in Switzerland. He appeared in court and bore testimony as author of the literature in question.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

blondie - I'm puzzled. The literature in question here was written over a decade after Rutherford died. And I wouldn't believe all of Rutherford's testimony anyway. Sure, his name appears as the author of all Watchtower books from 1916 to 1941, but there are suspicions that a lot of his later stuff was ghost written by Freddie.

• blondie
    blondie

Ultimate, I was discussing the practice of putting the name of the author on the publication which was done until the death of Rutherford without any fanfare. Knorr was no book writer. I can believe that Fred Franz ghost wrote some of Rutherford's books during his health decline before 1942 and later for Knorr. Just for some ex-jws who are unfamiliar with the WTS putting author's names on their publications until 1942. I know that there were no authors put on WTS publications written after 1942.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Thanks blondie, I understand.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I can’t see this name anywhere on the thread, but I noticed the other day that Ulysses Glass is credited as author of Jehovah’s Witnesses in the Divine Purpose by Dr Bertil Persson in the book “Jehovah’s Witnesses in Europe - Past and Present, Vol II”.

• waton
    waton

Glass and others may be involved. take the "James" Book a friend of Ray Franz, also disfellowshipped was involved.

I highly recommend the book, get hold of all he copies you can and put them in your safety box. Even if it is a whitewash, printed by wt, it documents their blatant mistakes: "-- Millions will never die" with pride!

Would not be surprised if the James book and Proclaimer books are somehow linked, as being too factual besides bound in and to Brooklyn.

Bethel boys hated working in the bindery. But what can you do, when you are in a bind like that?

• vienne
    vienne

Rutherford had a distinctive style, full of legalese. The one book that may not be totally his, though his name is on it, is Children. The rest are full of "to wits" etc.

• blondie
    blondie

I think the Divine Purpose was published in 1959, Rutherford died in 1942.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit