The "Kingdom Proclaimer's Book" Who Wrote This Pile of "Sht"?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I got COC in the mail yesterday, i am almost done with the book and after using Franz's notes with old magazines, I believe he is not a power hungry, man who I was taught went insane from burn-out!

I love his updated edition he left us before he passed away, he takes the K.P. book and destroys the false history Witnesses are taught. Why does the Society feel the need to lie to the rank-and-file members? The GB has existed since 1975, and the new light say's the GB was promoted by Nathan Knorr which appears to be a lie. Rutherford refused to preach in the door-to-door activity, Knorr the b-man, each passed the spiritual food preparation to Adams (great crowd). Where do the lies stop, when does the truth begin, why are members so afraid to read books that don't attack the way Rutherford used the WT and Awake to destroy and libel his enemies. How sad dubs will be when they ask Jesus "Did we not perform many works and expell apostates from your midst?"

COC is the crash!

• designs
    designs

The Proclaimer's Book is the history of JWs on Kolob.

I say let the Wt. Society publish all the nutty books they can it only leads more to the exit. Revelation Climax

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Design's my fifteen year old once told me, Dad this stuff is shit! A history lover since the age of 12, and would become ill with the Revelation Book's insane "Kolob-like" explanations for "John of Patmos" visions! The "WashTowel is getting too dirty with bad dogmas to redeem itself!

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

I maintain that the literature isn't really about informing JWs. It's about making them feel good about being JWs and maintaining the illusion that their "truth" is obviously, reassuringly true. Hence, the writing dept probably doesn't see it as lying or wrong.

But it is.

• designs
    designs

AA- very smart daughter

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Does anyone remember the book that preceded the KP? It was called "Jehovah's Witnesses and the Divine Purpose." The whole thing was written like a play; a JW couple explaining the history of the org. to a couple who were studying.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

The Proclaimers book was nothing more than damage control, to offset a lot of negative information that came out about them in the 80's, from Raymond Franz, and other "apostates". It enabled them to put their own whitewashed spin on their history, while maintaining the illusion of transparency by acknowledging misdeeds that were already a matter of public record.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone, spot on keyser soze. That's why it was published in 1993. Furthermore although it contained many footnotes, the book was not edited in a chrtonological oder of events. This to confuse, to make an hazy representation of events. Very difficult for the untrained person to retrace with accuracy everything from the beginning. Another masterpiece of deception and half- truths from the Society's writers. Greetings, J.C. MacHislopp

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

For newer ones on the board, here's some background information about the Proclaimers along with some misc. anecdotes:

Long-time Bethelite, Karl Adams, former "Manager" of the Writing Dept. from the 1950s until the late 1970s, working directly under Overseer of Writing, Lyman Swingle, compiled the Proclaimers book. It was a replacement for Jehovah's Witnesses In The Divine Purpose, written by John Wischuk who, I was told, made many mistakes in the book.

There were others who were assigned chapters in Proclaimers like David Iannelli and Richard Abrahamson. I was Karl's researcher, but worked with Iannelli too on Chapter 1 of Proclaimers. Karl lost his managerial position in Writing when the Ray Franz situation came to a head. Swingle was told he lost control of his "boys" and so was transferred to head the "Treasurer's Office" where he did little. Karl had made some enemies as manager, mostly because he was such an uncompromising and tough man to work with. Consequently, most of the staff were pleased to see him demoted to just a senior writer at that time.

Karl put together, Make Sure of all Things, most Yearbooks, except when he was working on huge projects such as compiling Insight, Volumes 1 & 2, based on the old AID book. Fifty people worked under Karl on Insight.

Don (president of the WT Pennsylvania Corp.) and Joel (Service Dept. Committee member) Adams, were Karl's brothers. Both were tall and handsome as young men and Knorr's favorites. Karl was small and thin, but scholarly and Knorr liked that. Karl had hopes of being made WT president one-day led on by Knorr, but Fred Franz was put in instead, much to Karl's disappointment. Knorr was his protector and once he was gone, Karl was put in his place by people like Klein, etc. There was lots of intrigue behind closed-doors at WT headquarters, mainly because long-time male residents were seeking the three P's: power, position, and prominence.

Karl seemed to me to mentally live in La La land or in a fantasy world, and from dealing with him daily I thought he was a bit unstable. As a young man at Bethel, he had been jilted in the 1950s? so he married on the rebound to a very nice new JW who lived in Manhattan. She had a nervous breakdown after a few years in Bethel. Both of them mentally escaped to a private world of their own making to endure Bethel life. Bobbie, his wife, an aspiring writer when she became a JW, wanted out of Bethel, but couldn't get out of there. She was very nice to me but seemed like a lost soul. Both Karl and Bobbie are deceased.

Barbara

• nochoice
    nochoice

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EdovEixUxFA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit