Do you know who wrote ...

by vienne 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vienne
    vienne

Do you know who wrote the 1959 Watchtower book Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose? Anyone?

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

Satan!

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Was it some dude called Macmillan ? my mother had that book.

jtg

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Correct me if I`m wrong but wasn`t it WT policy not to put a name to any of the books published by the WTB&TS ?

They never published the authors name of any of their publications.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

I seem to recall it was J A Macmillan but he wasn't a jw

jtg.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

jonahstourguide your not confusing this book with "Faith On The March" are you by Marley Cole who made out he wasn`t a JW but in fact was are you ?

If my memory serves me correct "Jehovah`s Witnesses In The Divine purpose" the large hard cover green book was printed by the Society with no name of the author .

I stand to be corrected if I`m wrong but I don`t think so.

Marley Cole wrote a book titled " Jehovah`s Witnesses A new World Society " maybe you are thinking of this one .

And in this he gives the impression he is not a JW when in fact he most certainly is.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

A. H. Macmillan wrote the book entitled: "Faith On the March". Not a WT publication. He was first a Bible Student and then a JW. He was a close associate of Russell and a WT board member. Yep, he was a witness. Died in 1966.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Your right Wasanelder Once , my blue and just to clarify things more , was it Marley Cole or Macmillan in his book that gave the impression he was not a witness when actually he was.?

And to get back to vienne`s question "Jehovah`s Witnesses in The Divine Purpose" was a WT publication with no author identified.

vienne ,If i may ask why do you want to know who the author of this book is specifically when their are heaps of other books that the Society produced with no authors name given ?

• vienne
    vienne

I realize no author was named. But someone, somewhere, must know who wrote it.

• vienne
    vienne

The author was Harry Peloyan. I do not know much about him. But that's the guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit