I believe in Evolution and that God created life

by Crabby 154 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Above are the laws of information. Definition of information: 1) Not bound to its medium. 2) Massless. 3) Intangible. 4) Immaterial. 5) Abstract construct of mind.

Now apply above laws to the DNA molecule and its function. The DNA in a cell nucleus is an information system. It holds information on the structure of the cell and organism. It works with Algorithms in its reading process. One could compare the DNA code to a language. We know where languages come from.

Cofty, and the dance of the electrons. No, you surely have a problem here. The DNA is an information system that cannot fall out of the air, or appear out of the primordial soup without a helping hand of somebody. In any case, I wanted Viv, the expert on rational thoughts', opinion. I know your opinion: Denail, denail, denail....

• cofty
    cofty
    One could compare the DNA code to a language.

Yes we could COMPARE the two but that would just be a metaphor.

DNA is not a literal code neither is it information in the same sense as these words are. The articles I linked for you will explain in more detail.

Denail, denail, denail....

What is a denail?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Sorry, denial, but you know what I mean. DNA qualifies as an information system. It consists of information of how to construct and maintain an organism. However, It's much more than an instruction manual, it's rather a blueprint. It'll take one helluva spontaneous mutation to come up with a single strand of DNA, let alone a nucleus full of them.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Denail, denail denail.

Someone has lots of DIY to do....

• cofty
    cofty
    it's rather a blueprint

It is NOTHING like a blueprint. That is one of the worse metaphors for DNA you could think of.

It'll take one helluva spontaneous mutation to come up with a single strand of DNA, let alone a nucleus full of them

If you want to know more about the evolution of DNA - at least what is known about that process so far - you will have to commit to some serious reading. Based on our previous conversations there is no point in me suggesting a reading list is there?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun
    Information theory is a framework for understanding the transmission of data and the effects of complexity and interference with these transmissions. The theory is often applied to genetics to show how information held within a genome can actually increase, despite the apparent randomness of mutations (Wiki).

Interestingly, here information theory is applied to genetics “to show how information held within the genome can actually increase.” But where did it all begin? Information cannot appear out of thin air, liquids or solids for that matter. But when it goes against the grain of evolutionists, they will continue to ridicule and laugh it off as ridiculous. They will only apply it when it suits them.

DNA could be compared to language. But actually it is much more complex, as though it is thinking for itself, like a robot. And we know, a robot must be designed, constructed, and programmed to perform.

Self-organizing robots by Satochi Murata and Haruhisa Kurokawa, p. 245:

"All design spesification of a molecular robot built in such a way could be reduced to base sequences of A, C, G, and T, and with such a robot it could be said that for the first time we have created an artificial entity that has the same information structure as biological systems."

• Vidqun
    Vidqun
    It is NOTHING like a blueprint. That is one of the worse metaphors for DNA you could think of.

Really? If you design a car or a house, you need blueprints or architectual drawings. If you design an organism, what do you need? In DNA you do not only have the blueprint, but you have the mechanism to proceed and build it. Yes, you're right, DNA is much more than a blueprint. It incorporates the blueprint and proceeds to manufacture what it necessary for the organism to survive and replicate. It's the blueprint with the factory, tools and workers, all in one. It's a f@$#ing miracle!

• Caedes
    Caedes
    I know that JW's do not study any sort of science, thus they have no rights to comment on such topics. Thus the JW World View is one of purposeful ignorance, but since ignorance is bliss you are quite happy. (sic)

You do realise that it is predominantly ex JWs here and that some of us were never JWs. Some of us have degrees and everything!

• Half banana
    Half banana

Look folks, the days of belief and faith are over.

We now have a solid method of determining realities... even if we don't have all the answers yet. It is the painstaking collecting of a chain of evidence within the framework of a scientific 'theorum'. (I prefer the lack of ambiguity with the word theorum). This rationale of science gives a coherent idea formed from the evidence available which provides an explanation which can be transferred to other related areas. When it fails to do so where it would be expected, the theorem is questioned or the application of it is. If disproved; the theorem is modified to fit all known facts. Evolution has stood the test of time and has never significantly failed in its predictability, it requires no miraculous intervention or divine origin in its support. So the theorum of evolution is a fact and is not in doubt. But the proposition is that God must have got the ball rolling.

So to say “I think God started it and left it to evolve” is by contrast to scientific evidence; meaningless within the present post mythic world, post Enlightenment thinking. There is no evidence for it.

It is like saying “I like warm clothing”... it has no consequence, no useful meaning to anyone else.

To say “God started it” is the betrayal of an existential insecurity within the religious psyche which demands that there must be a spirit controlling everything. It is the comfort sought from an idealised paternal force where the absence of which would make life feel insecure.

The assertion that “God must have done it” is a Stone Age superstition. Wake up people... most of us are living in a new age!

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I know that JW's do not study any sort of science, thus they have no rights to comment on such topics. Thus the JW World View is one of purposeful ignorance, but since ignorance is bliss you are quite happy.
    Zippy zippy zing............
    CIAO idiot

Alright, I'll let you down easy. You just weren't up to the task, you didn't measure up, you came up short and now you have to leave, to run away and pretend the woman is the problem to preserve a tiny shred of dignity that, deep down in the place where you know all this is true, you know that shred is even false.

Anyway, tootles, Noodle!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit