JWs biggest problem is not doctrinal issues

by Chook 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

It's biggest problems are associated with its lack of genuine love and concern for the rank& file. The average person doesn't need a food critic to tell them their hamburger is shit, in the same manner the average person can discern kindness and love. GBs fake love and concern is evident in the way head office deals with victims of sexual abuse by Jw clergy.

I would like to know how many poverty stricken brothers from Africa have been ever invited to serve at bethel in the US. The GB aren't sharing their food with their hungry African brothers.

• Divergent
    Divergent

The problem is many JW's put up with the lack of love problem by using the 'imperfect men' excuse. They might view it as a local problem which pales in comparison to the "worldwide brotherhood". They justify it by thinking that there is still no better religion and that Jokehova would set things straight in his due time. The fact is that many ARE aware that there is a lack of love, YET fail to do anything about it due to the reasons above. It was however a major factor which led me to discover TTATT

• Magnum
    Magnum

The dislike is from me. Sorry; it was an accident. I was trying to hit "like" on my tablet, and I missed. I agree with your post.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

It was lack of love woke me up. First for the lack of any compassion allowed for African boat people who washed up on our beaches in Fuertevrntura. Bible studies only, no practical help like money food, clothes or even toys for the children in case "They came into the truth for the wrong reasons".

Then after I had a masked man ( never identified or caught 8 years later) come in thru my bedroom window and attack me not one bro or sister called round, phoned or e-mailed. A year later one sister informed me she was shunning me cos i wasnt going to meetings. Their identifying mark is definitely not love.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

According to Raymond Franz in Crisis of Conscience, the late Nathan Knorr even volunteered as much; once readily admitting that "The Mormons treat their people better". Of course, admitting to it is one thing. Doing something about it is quite another matter!

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

Very, very true. If I discern that someone is weak, having problems, depressed or sick in some other way, my heart always moves me to be there for them.

Since those descriptions became true of myself, who has reached out to me from my congregation out of genuine love and persisted in keeping in contact with me? NOBODY.

And it hurts like hell, as the org always tells us that fellow Witnesses are the only people we should associate with. But they are all conditional, fake and only help people who immediately respond and become spiritually strong again within a few days.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I remember in the 70`s some JW`s pointed out to the GB that japanese non JW`s as a nation showed more love and compassion as a culture than was found among jehovahs witnesses and asked why was that.? If we had the truth ?

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

From some of these comments and from personal experience it seems the "brotherly love" seems to be highly conditional. As long as you are willing to be a witness and to follow their doctrine you will have all the so called love you need. Reminds me of Matthew 5 "Love your enemies". Whats the value of loving only those that agree with your worldview?

One of the main issues is that to keep control of people you need to limit their exposure to information that shines light on your lies. Jehovah's Witnesses do this extremely well. They make you feel that any non GB information is satanic influence. They make you feel that any doubt in GB is satanic influence. They make you feel that any apostate ex members are satanic influence. Once these things are entrenched in you, your own conscience does the rest of the work keeping you in line. I've had a family member literally running from my house when I started sharing "worldly" information.....sad!

John 3:19 And this is the verdict: The Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness more than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come into the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever practices the truth comes into the Light, so that it may be clearly seen that what he has done has been accomplished in God.”

Seems Jehovah's Witnesses's "Light getting brighter" or "new light" teaching is actually the darkness getting darker!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Doctrine is rarely the way to convince a JW that the religion is wrong. Most don't feel qualified to question doctrine. If they trust the Governing Body they will dismiss inconsistencies and questions. It is emotional and trust issues that are more likely to raise doubts.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Very true and very sad. Even if a Jdub misses one (1) meeting--no matter what the circumstances are (i.e., family situations, secular employment, someone's death/passing, extreme fatigue, etc.)--some of the R&F, especially those with "privileges" will shun/ostracize he or she who had to skip a meeting.

This happened to me back in the day 30 years ago. I, with a couple of other sisters from another congregation, bumped into a Bethelite couple from the congregation I was associated at the time, at a well-known department store during a weekend. After I greeted them and was about to introduce them to my friends, they both showed a look of horror and ran from us (like a scene from a "Casper, The Friendly Ghost" cartoon!). The next week while out in field service I mentioned the above incident to a pioneer brother. He mentioned that this couple "believes in speaking only to the friends who never miss meetings, since they are there at 99.5% of the meetings!". I couldn't believe what I was hearing; they couldn't even wave at me--because I missed one (1) meeting!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit