JWs biggest problem is not doctrinal issues

by Chook 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

IMO, the WTS's biggest problem is simply this...

..it is an authoritarian high control group.

As far as I'm concerned, this in and of itself is what disqualifies it from any sort of authentic legitimacy, because virtually all other problems inherent in the Org can trace their origins back to this fundamental aspect.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Looks like you are right, joe134cd. I read the wrong numbers somewhere.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Hmmmmmm. I'm wondering though whether the lack of love and extreme judgmentalism are in fact really matters of JWBorg Inc. "doctrine." The membership is taught that non-Jws are "bad association" and are therefore to be semi-shunned. They are additionally taught that those deemed to be "spiritually weak" are "bad association" and are to be semi-shunned." They are taught that it is Biblical to "report" any who conduct themselves in "doubting" ways or who dare examine "apostate" materials. Then of course the "Full-Shun" for the dis-fellowshipped as they have been judged to be mentally diseased or "spiritually dead." This climate of fear and distrust nurtures a weird mindset of both (a) being better than the Worldly and (b) undeserving of the Love of Our Father and His Son. A twisted "doctrine" to be sure which is not shared by most of the rest of Christendom.

They are not taught to love any but themselves, but with a "fake love" that is quite militant compared to the Biblical Agape Love. Their doctrine of "love" is really an extension of the climate of fear/control.

Is it any wonder that their heads become so Effed Up? The stress of conforming to WT Mandated Behaviors drives out any intuitive sense of love and compassion and effectively replaces it with hatred. Which, by the way, looks to be more and more the "secret objective" of WTBorg Inc.; to mind-screw the membership into a slave life of fearful hatred. They've been taught to parrot how much they "love Jehovah" while at the same time demonstrating the Fruitage of The Adversary.

The Doctrine of Zombification personified. Split-Personality anyone?

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

The brothers and sisters are so loving, they helped me get up on stage and read the bible in front of everyone. The power and love of Jehovah is really great.

The truth? I suffer from social anxiety and I was so stressed that my stomach started to bleed minutes before I had to read. It was one of the worst experiences I ever had. Would a loving God expect that from me? Or a loving elder? My mom is old and frail and they guilt trip her into doing field service (she even goes alone into dangerous areas to "get her hours right") by telling her the "end is near".

All I can say is there is a lack of true love and holy spirit with this organisation IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit