Why isn't this forum growing like reddit exjw??

by nowwhat? 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

this endless ongoing trashing (well deserved anyway) of that other ex-JW activist is already too long and frankly very tiring.

Agreed. It's a lot like the continual occupation of space in the minds of those who don't like President Mean Tweets. Two years on and they are still letting him control them by reason of their permanent TDS. Still rehashing russia. . .Russia. . .RUSSIA, drink bleach to stop COVID, and all the other long since disproved, massaged, and manipulated false stories about that former president.

BTW, am I the only one who wonders about a pretty recent member here whose posts sound an awful lot like they could be written by that other ex-JW? Maybe it is him, and he is here keeping tabs on how preoccupied some still are with him?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

when i first looked at this site in 2010--i thought it was for still in jw's--so i didnt join. Only when someone i knew on a different forum told me the score that i joined.

I was really confused as to who was still in--and who was out--so i asked for a show of hands--and got really hammered for asking. Most of those rude shits have long gone.

In fact i think more have left--or died--than are active now.

I have zero interest in anything religious--couldnt care less about whats in the bible. I'm on here for the gossip and scandal.

• RESPECTFUL OBSERVER
    RESPECTFUL OBSERVER

I feel the answer is so many informative and interesting people have been banned from this site. There were people allowed in this forum to berate and constantly attack people with no justification. A lot of the great posters that added so much color have disappeared and moved on to where they feel more comfortable.

• jhine
    jhine

I miss Cofty , we didn't agree on much but he was always polite and factual

Jan

• TheListener
    TheListener

Age. We are old :) reddit is young

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Hopeless1 , I love this site because it`s more mature in their outlook /

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I miss Cofty , we didn't agree on much but he was always polite and factual

Jan

Me too, Jan. There's a few here I miss. Someone mentioned youngsters using apps and I agree there. I think our demographic is a little older (not all of course) and sadly you do hear about people passing, too😔

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Smiddy,

You are correct.

Reddit would appeal more to those who grew up with social media.

For those of us who come from the era of steam trains, manual telephone exchanges and valve radios, it provides lesser appeal!

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

I haven't found it again but it was fascinating to read at the time.

TonusOH, Is this the thread you are referring to?

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/160509/warren-schroeder-from-bethel-on-freddy-kline-apostate-books

It was this thread that brought me here, although I haven't seen anything quite like it since. It would be invaluable if a similar thread could be produced about life in Warwick.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Yep, that's the one. Thank you, Ultimate Axiom! Time to spend a couple of hours reading...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit