Why isn't this forum growing like reddit exjw??

by nowwhat? 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Admittedly it 90% crap over there but still they are up to 80k in subscribers. Over here it's the same half dozen or so that posts something, including myself. Why is that?

• joao
    joao

I think that might be caused by the fact that people aren't used to use forums anymore... They prefer social networks.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    I checked for new members and found quite a few joining. Few comment. I assume most move on. Don't know how that compares with a decade ago.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Probably because this is a specific forum and reddit encompassed a wide variety of subjects.

I'd imagine PIMO's would more easily explain away reddit that a specific forum.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Joao is correct. Reddit can be downloaded as an app to a mobile device for use. In addition, Reddit is a one-stop-shop for any and all topics on anything.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

The quality and substance in comments and posts on this site have more depth and relevance IMO. Reddit has it's following but most are just venting (that can be therapeutic also). I appreciate the moderation on this site and the accuracy of the information that is posted. WTC patrols both sites looking for missiles that could land in their yard, but they seem to be particularly interested in this site. That tells me that they fear what is posted here.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere
    Maeby after thousands and thousands comments on a Lloyd Evans thread, people think this is a hate Evans fan club 😊. They have hard time taking page seriously
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

XJW Reddit with 80K subscribers...damn that's great! It seems like less than a year ago I heard they had 60K subs. I know of several JWs who've told me they visit specifically xJW Reddit but don't comment & haven't subscribed. Many aren't tech savvy enough to subscribe but enjoy visiting and reading everyone's bad experience.

I would suspect it's the same with other exJW online sites like this one & xJW YouTube...a ton/tens/hundreds (💯s) of thousands of inquisitive JW visitors who are angry & fed-up with their cult!

Yah...me says the WTBTS has an uphill defensive battle going on & are suffering enormous losses...Yay!

• Riley
    Riley

The forum now consists of anti-vaxxers, conspiracy theorists, Jehovah witnesses apologists, fake religious theologians and general MEGA dipshittory.

That is why the forum doesn't grow. Most people don't escape a cult to want to join another.

• jhine
    jhine

Wow Riley and here was me thinking that my posts informative and full of wisdom . Well that's told me . 🤣🤣.

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit