Why isn't this forum growing like reddit exjw??

by nowwhat? 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Growth = God’s blessing!!!!

🤪

• a watcher
    a watcher

Reddit is more user-friendly.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    The forum now consists of anti-vaxxers, conspiracy theorists, Jehovah witnesses apologists, fake religious theologians

I guess that means more of us need to start threads that are helpful expressions of compassion, factual, scholarly, informative or entertaining.

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus

Maybe because of the strong political tendencies here.

• vienne
    vienne

Mine is an outsider's point of view.

I read most of the posts here. Some are thoughtful and well done. Some, occasionally many, are illiterate and based on poor research. We get those who believe any negative thing they read on the Internet. Their posts are a huge turn off; though they interest me because of my master's thesis [in the works], they are cringe-worthy and won't convince an informed believer.

Spelling errors are common on the World-Wide Web. I try to take care when I post somewhere, but they creep out. And most often here, they're just typos. [e.g. "Maeby after thousands and thousands comments"] But when they're consistent, they indicate a low-level to almost non existent education. That effects thinking ability, and it shows in the post's content. Read up in this comment chain and you'll find a few. The solution must take place on an individual basis. That is, if we know we lack mental training and an informative education, we should seek to remedy that. "Seek wisdom" says one of the Proverbs. And stop being gullible.

One's education should continue through out a life time. I like challenging thoughts. I'm not satisfied until I've either rejected or accepted a new thought - on the basis of rational research. Working with Uncle B has put me to the test many times. It's fun. But I see here some whose response to a challenge is anger and ad hominem. That must lead to a frustrating, unsatisfying life.

Some who post here did not really know their former religion. As Witnesses they took in what others said without delving into it. Be a Berean. Put things to the test. You see these posters when they ask a question about Witness belief that they should have been able to answer on their own with the most basic Witness 'education.' This saddens me. They've brought into their life away from the Watchtower the same problems that caused them issues as a Witness. Again, this is something only the individual can remedy. My grand uncle says "thinking hurts." In fact neurologists have found that intense thought swells brain cells, and thinking can become uncomfortable. In my student-teacher experience I saw students who resisted thinking because it made them uncomfortable. There are free programs in most school districts for adult education. Take a few. Stretch out. Educate yourself.

Some of us, probably most of us, have a firmly planted belief system, not just religiously but in every other aspect of life. That's how people are. But some of those who post here resist challenges to their beliefs without giving them a thoughtful consideration. When we do that we go through life three quarters blind.

Okay, the person who usually down-votes my post can do that now. The rest of you, I wish well.

• NotNew
    NotNew

Since you asked...here you go. :)

Okay, the person who usually down-votes my post can do that now. The rest of you, I wish well.
  • Biahi
    Biahi

Because it’s too right wing. Sorry. Let the downvotes begin!

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

"after thousands and thousands comments on a Lloyd Evans thread, people think this is a hate Evans fan club 😊. They have hard time taking page seriously"

Of the people posting on the mega thread, 1% are people that claim to be genuinely butt-hurt by Lloyd Evans in some way and the other 99% seem to be sh1t-posting for lulz.

• vienne
    vienne

How is it right wing? I do not see that. But down votes are okay with me, as long as you read it and think about it. Rejecting it because it makes you uncomfortable is proof of what I wrote.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Wow- 3 mins and I already have a down-vote, Im impressed (but not surprised).

The mega thread is sacrosanct after all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit