What Would A Jehovah's Witness Romance Novel Be Like?

by minimus 162 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hanging on every word, TresHappy. Whatever you are doing, you are doing it right.

• minimus
    minimus

"We've been service dating"............What a great expression!!!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Hilary went into her closet and looked through her wardrobe. Thumbing through the “pioneer haute moderne” section, she lamented “My God, that’s all he’s seen me in, these skirts and dresses…UGH! I’ve got to have something to knock his socks off.” After pulling out several outfits and trying them on, she was still not satisfied. “I have a date with my dream guy and I don’t have a damn thing to wear”, she mumbled, and then looking out of the door of her bedroom to make sure her father didn’t happen to walk by and hear something. She had yet to tell her dad she was going out on a group date with David. Dad was in his study reading his Watchtower for the upcoming Sunday meeting. Dad always dutifully highlighted his study (with his trusty Avery Ever-Bold Hi-liter), and then put it away in his new brief case he got for an anniversary present from his wife. Hilary wandered off again “Why did Mom buy him that tacky brief case, and then for an anniversary present?” But Hilary knew her Dad loved it, and since they got a computer, Dad ordered nearly every service supply from www.ministryideaz.com.

Hilary knew she’d have to tell her Mom and Dad sooner or later. Hilary procrastinated at everything. She thought she might tell him after their first date, but she knew that would be like having a blood drive at the District Convention, not really a good idea. Mom came out of the kitchen and Hilary approached her mother. “Mom, I need to tell you something…you know I’ve been sort of seeing David out in service the last few weeks and we’ve really hit it off..He’s asked me out on a group date for this weekend.” Mom’s eyes widened and she said “Well I am not surprised, I’ve heard from other sisters about how you two have been gazing at each other in service. Your father sort of knew this was coming, and he’s already talked to me about it…” “He’s highly concerned about you and wants to make sure you’re not taking advantage of and treated with respect.” Hilary thought surely her mom would be pulling her hair out by now (my baby…dating, she knew that’s what her mom was thinking.) Before Hilary could defend David, Dad walked out of the study and said, “Well, what are you two talking about?” Dad was always asking about the conversations between the two of them. “Dad”, Hilary coughed and stammered through her sentence “David has asked me out on a group date for this weekend…. and I’ve accepted his invitation.” Her dad gave her that “raised eyebrow” look and said, “Well Hilary, you seem to really like David and visa/versa. And you’re 19, you’re old enough to be dating, but are you old enough to realize that dating is a very serious step in Jehovah’s organization?” “Are you prepared for the responsibility that comes with seriously considering David as your future husband? Your mother and I aren’t going to stop from you seeing David, but we’re going to make sure you’re treated with respect and I expect to meet that boy when he comes to get you this weekend. And I expect your dates will be chaperoned by some other brothers or sisters?” Hilary gulped and said “Dad, it’s a group date with David and his brother/girlfriend.” We’re going out to eat and then see a movie, you know normal date stuff.” Dad was not particularly impressed. “Why can’t you go out with a fine group of Witnesses from our congregation? There’s always a nice group of brothers and sisters going out to dinner after the Sunday meeting. Or perhaps you and David could go to that sister’s house whose always having people over for dinner and then they study the Watchtower together.” Hilary said “Dad, I’ve been seeing David in a group for a couple of weeks now, we’ve been going out in service together, and actually, we have found some interested ones and David may even start a Bible study with a young guy. Dad, you know I like David very much and I want to get to know him better…I am aware of the seriousness of dating and it’s potential consequences…” Mom and Dad then both gave her that look. Hilary’s eyes welled up with tears, as she knew that dating David from the start was almost an exercise in futility. Then Dad finally chimed in his last comment “Hilary you’re an adult. You’re a baptized sister of Jehovah. You’re a pioneer in Jehovah’s service. I say this to you as a sister and as a father, Jehovah and his organization want the best for you…and your mother and I want you to have a wonderful time in your youth and your teenage years are almost behind you.” Mom said only one thing “Just be careful Hilary, you know some of those brothers, they like that world traveling, they’ve got those Russian hands and Roman fingers.” She figured after all of this lecture, this was a yes to her dating David…sort of.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Yes! Beautiful! It brings me back. I forgot all those details. I cant wait for the part where they get down and dirty in the backseat of the car, and guilt ridden, go to the elders together and confess

Dont forget the part where her dad meetings with the Elders in David's hall to check his standing. And the part where her parents require David to come over to the house and go over the guidelines for scriptual dating.

I'd love to read a story from David's point of view

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Dont forget the part where her dad meetings with the Elders in David's hall to check his standing.

LOL! I got that when I was 15 and was "secretly" dating another girl who was studying.

Nosferatu's words are spurious and not part of Tres' story. Please ignore.....(unless Tres says differently).

Damn. I was looking foreward to seeing Hilary ditch David for the chaperone.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Hilary’s parents had always been overprotective. However, at age 19, she knew that dating David would be the biggest challenge of her young life. Soon after the lecture from hell, the phone rang. It was him…she explained to David she had just had the lecture of her life from her parents and Dad was concerned about the two of them dating. “Aren’t all Jehovah’s Witness parents like that Hilary?” said David. “ It’s sort of expected. Dating is a 4-letter word to most Jehovah’s Witnesses and especially overprotective parents. I am sure your father is going to check me out in my previous congregation…” Hilary asked, “How do you feel about all this David?” David replied “I say go for it, I have always been and good and faithful servant to Jehovah. I’ve got nothing to hide.” David then said to her “Hilary, I am crazy about you. I want to get to know you, and you can’t do that going out in service. To some extent, yes, but Hilary, you know what I mean.” Hilary felt so much better after hearing his voice and his reassurance. “But we kissed in the Kingdom Hall parking lot, what if someone had seen us?” David tried to calm her. “So what I kissed you, you mean I can’t kiss you? I’ve wanted to do that since the first time I laid eyes on you at the convention.” Hilary then nervously tucked her hair behind her ear and whispered “me too” into the receiver. “Hilary, I am so looking forward to seeing you this weekend. I’d swim through a moat of sharks to take you out.” Hilary laughed. That moat of sharks may be easier to navigate than her father.

• minimus
    minimus

TRES HAPPY, Please continue this story!

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

She couldn't help but notice him. He was so confident when he was asked to be the reader of the paragraphs at the Sunday watchtower study. He took such control in managing the microphones. He manned the book counter so masterfully.

She found herself indulging in fantasies in which he took a wholesome interest in her. Together, with appropriate chaparones, he invited her out in field service (she was giddy at the thought). While walking door to door, his strong, masterful arm grazed her bare shoulder in the smoldering summer heat. She felt the sheer power of his shoulder pad, which was enhanced by the strain of his forearm as it clutch his bookbag. Together, they placed more books and pamphlets in an hour and a half ( before the donut break), than either of them had ever before. It was as if the householders could sense their magic.

She couldn't help it, she allowed herself to engage in reveries in which she and he were officially courting; where they went on wholesome outings, with chaparones, of course, to skating rinks, to libraries, to zoos. She even dreamed of their touring Bethel together. A chill ran down her spine as, by accident, their hands actually touched occasionally during some of these chaparoned trips...

She realized she must STOP these potentiallly harmful thoughts. Yet...late at night, she still saw his well-suited image, his bookbag, his little black book containing a listing of all his return visit potentials. Stop!! Stop.

• talesin
    talesin

'like having a blood drive at the District Convention'

i can't stand it - it's taking me back (falling off my chair, tears of laughter streaming from my eyes).

• wednesday
    wednesday

btt, pls continue Tess, we are all waiting.

lol, now this is what should be in the young people ask books,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit