Poll - Will you accept blood?

by OrphanCrow 75 Replies latest watchtower medical

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Me too, dubstepped. I agree with Cofty's approach.

Cofty, you have stated a rational approach to medical care and one that isn't based on religious superstition.

• talesin
    talesin

I was in a life-threatening situation, and was hemorrhaging for hours. The doctors gave me clotting meds via IV, and the last resort was a blood transfusion. This is how blood transfusions are approached in Canadian medicine. In the 60s, and maybe the 70s, blood transfusions were routinely given, as a part of surgery. That practice stopped long ago. After AIDS came on the scene, in the mid-1980s, blood transfusions were viewed completely differently by the medical profession. Of course, I would discuss any procedure with my doctor beforehand, but I would assume that generally, a blood transfusion would not be given unless it is medically necessary.

Edited to say: I did not have a transfusion. They kept me going until a surgery could be scheduled, and no blood required. It's a priority for medical professionals, to avoid giving a transfusion. For crying out loud, that's why we have blood drives. There are shortages for people who *need* blood.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I also agree with Cofty.

I would have a blood transfusion if the situation was life-and-death or serious.

If the problem was 'mild', I'd consider bloodless surgery - if a doctor recommended it or told me there wouldn't be serious consequences.

• talesin
    talesin
    If the problem was 'mild', I'd consider bloodless surgery - if a doctor recommended it or told me there wouldn't be serious consequences.

There is no blood given if it's not necessary. "Bloodless surgery" is a misnomer. All surgery is bloodless, unless a blood transfusion is necessary.

The only "bloodless surgery" that is special, is for the Jehovah's Witnesses. Do you not remember the case, just last year, of the child who was brought to the USA from Australia? Bloodless surgery, indeed. She is dead.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Poll - Will you accept blood?

Image result for yes baby

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I've recently had my own blood drawn (so not allogenic, but still in violation to the cult's rules) and spun down to plasma and injected into my knees. I was actually kinda excited to commit another disfellowshipping offense (I think I'm up to 4 or 5 now!)

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

Once I realized the religion was nothing more than a sham I took the No Blood card out of my wallet.

• blondie
    blondie

I'd accept a blood transfusion, more importantly I donate blood every 8 weeks to the Red Cross. I know not everyone is healthy enough to qualify.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    talesin: There is no blood given if it's not necessary. "Bloodless surgery" is a misnomer. All surgery is bloodless, unless a blood transfusion is necessary.

Exactly.

I have had "7" surgical procedures and in only one was blood required and I didn't have so-called "bloodless" surgery.

Something that people don't realize is that "bloodless" surgery does not reduce the need for blood transfusions. (I will find the medical study that shows that...I need some time to find it among all the other stuff I have archived)

Bloodless surgery is not simply surgery without blood - bloodless surgery is all about blood - your own blood. In a bloodless procedure, your blood is drained from your body (in some cases, up to 80%), a volume expander is pumped into you to replace the fluid loss, your blood is then filtered and transfused back into you after the procedure is finished. In a bloodless method, your blood is handled way more than in a conventional procedure.

Bloodless surgery methods add an element of risk that is not there in conventional methods of surgery.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Had open heart surgery in 1987....... it was life saving surgery don't get it and I'm dead in a month or two. While on the table there was an opps! situation. Dumped four liters in or die on the table..........

They weren't doing that much bloodless surgery for hearts back then. Woke up hoked into a fine morphine drip. That will be 30 years ago. A very good and happy 30 years.

I left the tooth because of that dumb ass blood doctrine so it didn't bother me at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit