Celebrities and their stupid comments

by freedom96 63 Replies latest jw friends

• be wise
    be wise

This kind of shite doesn't deserve a reply, but here it is, from me, for nothing.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Wednesday- Great song! Play it loud!

SixofNine- I agree, war is a big deal. Little causes; I am talking about ALL the stuff the "stars" whine about. Such as not wearing leather, not eating meat, don't wear fur, etc.

Then you have idiots like Sean Penn who go to the middle east. Like what the hell is he going to do about it?

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

After my earlier posts my wife and I drove about 30 miles to a favorite resturant and on the way an Amarillo station was asking people to call in and tell them rather they should or should not play the Dixie chicks in the future. I didn't count the callers, but only one person during that thirty mile drive said they should continue to be played. These girls are in trouble unless they can exercise some damage control.

Let's take some examples. If you are a merchant in Green Bay Wi. and you support the Dallas Cowboys, how long will you stay in business ? If you are merchant in a black neighborhood in Chicago and you openly support President Bush, how long will you stay in business ? In other words, if you are trying to sell to people, you had better watch your Queen Mary mouth. The chicks forgot that little rule.

In a dream world everyone would overlook this and continue to support the Chicks, but this is not a perfect world and they may have learned the hard way.. Bug

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Any celebrity is more than entitled to a personal opinion. But, does their celebrity status mean theirs is more important than ours? What about celebrities that agree with the current President? Why do they get so little press? But, does being a celebrity give them carte blanche on what they say publicly? A controversial statement has cost many celebrity and the Dixie Chicks will have to endure whatever theirs does.

But, their celebrity status should not give them any more credibility than it does anyone else. It gives them air time and many follow along with them, but that is a problem of a free society. For me, I have never bought a Dixie Chicks CD and see no reason to start now. But, that is me.

I am still waiting on the Barbara Streisands, Alec Baldwins, Rosie O'Donnels and such that said they would leave the country if George Bush were elected to leave.

For those mentioning the good old days and liberals, it was Democrats that tried for years to block Civil Rights and trashed the Republicans for it. Lincoln was a Republican too.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    These girls are in trouble unless they can exercise some damage control.

I will not stop listening to them just because of their personal opinion. Doing so, to me, is as if I were trying to send them the message that..................You better think as I do or I will never listen to you again. That is just stupid.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Good for you Hoss. You, as everyone else here are entitled to your opinion, but I suspect us stupid people outnumber you elite folks. Bug

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

LOL, me elite?

I'm just stating my opinion as is everyone else. I will never allow anyone to make me feel bad for any opinion I may have.

Shutterbug, you have your reason for the way you feel about this matter, just as everyone else has. Including myself. Who's to say which opinion is the right one?

BTW, what is the number they are asking people to call? I may just call them myself.

• wednesday
    wednesday

The D.C. are country, and the majority of country music listerners support the war and their country and the president. Most of the pro war songs are country. It is the so called "free thinking" educated ones who want to BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS THEM.I choose what i want to listen to, and i for one have marked them off my list.

Maybe if some of us , or our fathers ,uncles, whatever, had served their country and paid the ultimate price, or came back with injury-perhaps we would not take our freedom so lightly and trash the president. Perhaps we would feel like some of the householders i used to talk to who were ready to stomp jws for not going to war and serving their country. Now i know how they feel. JWS truly are slime where that is concerned.

My son served in this last war, and he'll go again if necessary.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

The Chicks are going down.... heh heh heh...

CZAR

• KistByQpid
    KistByQpid

Open Letter to the Hollywood Bunch

Ok, let's just say for a moment you bunch of pampered, overpaid, unrealistic children had your way and the U.S.A didn't go into Iraq. Let's say that you really get your way and we destroy all our nuclear weapons and stick daisies in our gun barrels and sit around with some white wine and cheese and pat ourselves on the back, so proud of what we've done for world peace. Let's say that we cut the military budget to just enough to keep the National Guard on hand to help out with floods and fires. Let's say that we close down our military bases all over the world and bring the troops home, increase our foreign aid and drop all the trade sanctions against everybody.

I suppose that in your fantasy world this would create a utopian world where everybody would live in peace. After all, the great monster, the United States of America, the cause of all the world's trouble would have disbanded it's horrible military and certainly all the other countries of the world would follow suit. After all, they only arm themselves to defend their countries from the mean old U.S.A. Why you bunch of pitiful, hypocritical, idiotic, spoiled mugwumps. Get your head out of the sand and smell the Trade Towers burning.

Do you think that a trip to Iraq by Sean Penn did anything but encourage a wanton murderer to think that the people of the U.S.A. didn't have the nerve or the guts to fight him? Barbra Streisand's fanatical hateful rankings about George Bush makes about as much sense as Michael Jackson hanging a baby over a railing. You people need to get out of Hollywood once in a while and get out into the real world. You'd be surprised at the hostility you would find out here. Stop in at a truck stop and tell an overworked, long distance truck driver that you don't think Saddam Hussein is doing anything wrong. Tell a farmer with a couple of sons in the militarty that you think the United States has no right to defend itself. Go down to Baxley, Georgia and hold an anti-war rally and see what the folks down there think about you. You people are some of the most disgusting examples of a waste of protoplasm I've ever had the displeasure to hear about. Sean Penn, you're a traitor to the United States of America. You gave aid and comfort to the enemy. How many American lives will your little, "fact finding trip" to Iraq cost? You encouraged Saddam to think that we didn't have the stomach for war. You people protect one of the most evil men on the face of this earth and won't lift a finger to save the life of an unborn baby.

Freedom of choice you say? Well I'm going to exercise some freedom of choice of my own. If I see any of your names on a marquee, I'm going to boycott the movie. I will completely stop going to movies if I have to. In most cases it certainly wouldn't be much of a loss. You scoff at our militarty who's boots you're not even worthy to shine. They go to battle and risk their lives so ingrates like you can live in luxury.

The day of reckoning is coming when you will be faced with the undeniable truth that the war aginst Saddam Hussein is the war on terrorism. America is in imminent danger. You're either for her or against her. There is no middle ground. I think well all know where you stand. What do you think?

God Bless America...Charlie Daniels

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit