Celebrities and their stupid comments

by freedom96 63 Replies latest jw friends

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy
    Let's go back to those good old generations

Yeah...whatever happend to those good old days!! Gawd..how i miss them!!

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Scully, those uniforms would look better on you, I perfer strappy form fitting dresses.

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

with combat boots.

• Scully
    Scully

"LuckyLucy" writes:

Scully, those uniforms would look better on you, I perfer strappy form fitting dresses. with combat boots.

So cross-dressing is OK in your "moral view", Luke?? Sounds like a pretty sketchy line in the sand you've drawn for yourself. Love, Scully

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    Sheila, who is trying to take their freedom away

Shutter:

You asked me this question I responded with the quote from Freedom 96 at the beginning of this thread,. I would equate his saying they should keep their comments to themselves as taking away their freedom, they have the right to speak as does everyone else.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Very good Sheila, we are now in agreement.

Lucky Lucy, The main reason I walked away from the Borg was because of their rather stupid ideas on oral sex. What someone does in their bedroom is their own business, and that include Gays.

I am sorry the Presidents speech patterns don't live up to the lofty standards of some of you, but their is something you can do about that, vote against him. Bug

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    Yeah...whatever happend to those good old days!! Gawd..how i miss them!!

So LL, when are you going to come out and admit your a card carring member of the KKK? If you hate liberal points of view so much, why don't you move to china, ya commie facist. And while I'm at it, why don't you do everyone here a really big favor, and get yourself laid, we can all tell, that you haven't gotten any in awhile.

• Scully
    Scully

Trauma_hound writes:

And while I'm at it, why don't you do everyone here a really big favor, and get yourself laid, we can all tell, that you haven't gotten any in awhile.

I wouldn't wish getting laid with someone like LL on my worst enemy.... there's a reason why things happen the way they do, TH...

Love, Scully

• jws
    jws

By the way, just a disclaimer. My last post was sarcasm.

I have to agree with the first poster. They should be more dignified when speaking out about their political views. I get so mad when I see and hear celebrities speaking out on different politics. Most of them do not have a clue what they are talking about.

On the other side of the coin, I get angry at celebrities who are pro-war and express that opinion, when they have no clue what they're talking about. Sometimes the only thing they seem to be demonstrating is that they will be patriotic to whatever the government is doing, whether it's right or wrong, they will follow happily. (Hmmm... sorta like being loyal to the WTBTS, right or wrong?) Unfortunately, it usually comes down to an issue of patriotism, not issues. "You are wither with us or against us".

Unfortunately for me, I've seen where the administration has stretched the truth and has been deceitful. If they do have any credible evidence for their claims that have not been debunked, I have not seen that. There are weapons inspectors on-site looking for weapons and not finding any of the WOMD they are purported to have. The way justice works in America, if somebody had reason to believe you had something illegal, a search warrant would be issued (UN weapons inspectors). If they didn't find anything, you wouldn't be hauled off to jail and punished. And before they found anything, it would be called a lynch mob if you were hauled off and punished - vigilante justice. Maybe they punished the right guy, but wouldn't you want to wait for proof? Yet this administration is asking us to jump the gun. They KNOW that WOMD exist, so we must go to war, mostly based on heresay and photos that could be interpreted many ways. I think that Bush's policy is fair game to criticize. Besides, this whole thing is the UN's ballgame. They imposed the sanctions, it's up to them to enforce them and decide whether they were violated and how to punish violations. We are getting awfully jumpy about enforcing somebody else's sanctions.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'd rather let things play out diplomatically and let the inspectors keep searching. When and if they do find something, then a course of action can be decided on. That may involve force, but I'd be more OK with it once they find evidence on-site. In much the same way I'd want evidence to convict a criminal, not heresay and falsified "evidence".

And let's face it, for the most part, nobody really cared about Iraq until the propaganda started in. So a lot of this feeling among many is because the government got them to feel that way through propaganda. That can be scary. In much the same way, Hitler whipped up national fervor against the Jews and other enemies of his.

That's why I'm opposed to our president's course. I've been reading about it and I've formed my opinions based on research. Maybe it's wrong or faulty, but I've looked into it at least. I'm not just following or bashing somebody based on patriotism. It's based on the issues at hand.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I've worked for some celeb's, and for the most part they are NOT rocket scientists! The general rule is; the more successful they are, the less contact they have with reality!' Music and sports people are the worst! They may be talented but that brilliance almost never carries over to anything outside their craft.

And as Teenytuck said about Clooneys butt... well, that is where you will hear the most intellegent sounds most celebs make! Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit