Jw spokesman Says door to door preaching not coming back!

by nowwhat? 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

At the end they showed a chart of religious symbols. What is that ships wheel? The middle row, left column.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I stopped the door to door work when they came out with these door bell cameras and porch pirates made the news. I don't want to be recorded or spoken to through a camera. I don't like talking through a peep hole. And I don't want to be on camera or recorded when a package comes up missing for some reason.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Back in the day my partner ripped a loud long one at the door! Couldn't do that now with all the ring door bells!😉

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

The ship's wheel is the Wheel of Dharma.

Buddhism, Jainism and Hinduism use the symbol.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The WT book called True Peace and Security -From What Source? (copyright 1973) on page 86 in ph. 24 says: "In all the religions of Christendom, fewer young men are entering the seminaries, religious schools are closing their doors, and a great number of the religious magazines have ceased publication. The churches in general are finding their attendances growing smaller. Many church buildings are up for sale."

Something similar to that is now happening to the WT's JW religion. Years ago the WT stopped allowing JW's to have a subscription to the issues of the WT and the AW (I remember the WT cancelling my subscriptions to such), telling them instead to obtain them at the KH. Later the number of pages of WT issues per year were downsized and especially of the AW. KHs have been bought out by the WT (from the congregations) and a number of those have been sold off. In person face-to-face witnessing (especially door to door) by JWs has virtually ceased. A high percentage of young people raised in the JW religion do not believe in the religion (at least people on this site have said such). Meeting attendance in the KHs has virtually ceased, and there is evidence that attendance numbers in virtual meetings of the JW religion are likely overstated.

The WT claims that Christ is ruling as king and that JWs on Earth are subjects of that kingdom. As such, the WT claims that their JW religion is a part of Christ's kingdom, but claiming to be an earthly part of Christ's kingdom makes it a part of Christendom - by definition. The JW religion is going down with the rest (or at least most of the rest) of Christendom, as rapidly increasing numbers of people embrace irreligion and secularism.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

People, come out religion, including the JW religion.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Nobody was certain there would be no more door-to-door.
    But it was news-worthy that it was possible.

150 people a day reaching out to a worldwide website is a terribly low number.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Mormons have resumed calling in our neighborhood, wearing masks and standing back from the door as they do their presentation. Since the beginning of covid, lot of the churches around here have been meeting in outdoor marquees or listening from their cars as the program is done in the parking lot.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

From what I read in an article the WT representative said that the 150 a day was the number contacting the USA branch of the religion and that it was an increase from pre-Covid 19 times. The question though is, in other countries are JWs encouraging people to contact a different website (such as one that defaults to a language other than English) of the JW religion and thus reaching a different branch of the WT? Or are they going to the same website, but in a form are they specifying the branch for their country?

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Pete Zahut, shortly after I read your post about Mormons, I went outside. After I walked one block I saw two young men dressed as LDS (they were wearing black pants with a white shirt and a black tie) and two young women (wearing black skirts, or was it black blouses, I forget which) get out of a car and walk across the street to talk to people at a park. The four people who got out of the car were all wearing masks. I think it is interesting I saw such in my neighborhood so soon after I read your post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit