Jw spokesman Says door to door preaching not coming back!

by nowwhat? 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Keeping the sheep so busy in the preaching work gave them no time to stop and think. But now the org. Realizes they stopped thinking long ago, so the org can do and say anything without most questioning
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I wonder if the JW woman in the news video was counseled for speculating and for not letting her husband speak in behalf of the family.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I got a kick out of the overly enthusiastic bobblehead daughter vs her disinterested & indifferent father...and yes you can tell who wears the pants in that JW family!🤣

• JustChillin
    JustChillin

Door to door is an important means of controlling people’s time. They’ll bring it back in some form.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

I don't understand the conclusion of the OP.

The WT spokesman said that regarding JWs going door to door "in masks, in the next few months? It might happen, but probably won't".

How does "we probably won't be going door to door in the next few months" get transmogrified into "DOOR TO DOOR PREACHING NOT COMING BACK!!! !!! !!!"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think it will come back, just more slowly than other things. The Catholics are already back at mass here, and other religious groups are meeting again, as long as their building are big enough to allow spacing.

I expect society will begin to go back to normal in the summer, but with masks still commonly used, some more physical distance than was the norm before, and perhaps some travel restrictions.

Maybe JWs will bring back cart witnessing first, when it’s legal, because it’s outdoors, in a public space, and allows distancing. Then maybe door to door preaching gradually, next year sometime.

When will they start meeting in Kingdom Halls again? They don’t have the advantage of large buildings that some religious groups have. They have large Assembly Halls, but they are only nearby for a few congregations. So it might take them a bit longer to get back to physical meetings than other religious groups. Maybe in the autumn, or next spring? Depending how the virus and vaccination programme go.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

I agree cart witnessing will be first, probably will go on for many months before door to door resumes. We may see cart witnessing (masked up) begin in late summer or early fall. I expect door to door won't happen until 2022.

Maybe they'll use the 2022 Memorial campaign as a springboard to restart D2D? JWs will be rusty after 2 years, so start with an easy "here is your copy of this invitation, goodbye" presentation.

I think maybe KH meetings will resume in some areas around the same timeframe (6 months or so from now), but with reduced capacity. Maybe 1 or 2 field service groups meeting in person at the KH at one time, seated far apart from each other, and the rest of the congregation tied in by Zoom. Then rotate the groups.

100% normal, all KH meetings at full capacity and usual unrestricted D2D, maybe some time in 2023.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

They have to be ultra conservative before they allow door to door again, the press would never forgive them.

'By late April, when Pennsylvania was still under stay-at-home orders, the Plain community had resumed worship services, where they shared communion cups and holy kisses, a church greeting among believers.

Infections quickly followed.'

Lancaster County’s Amish and Mennonites pose challenge for health officials fighting COVID-19

https://www.mcall.com/news/pennsylvania/mc-nws-pa-amish-mennonite-covid19-20210329-qqadz2m4ebcxznqngphd75lsqa-story.html

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am with FF Ghost on this. I dont hear the guy say what the thread said he said.

They will go back , they have to keep the r and f busy . Some will be pleased to others not.... but the work will go on as it has for well over 100 years. " Until the cities crash in ruins" or until there is nobody left to do it.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The actual statement from the Watchtower goes like this -

Will we be able to go doo-to-door with out the use of a mask in the next few month? Probably. Will we? Probably not

Then the news reporter says that statement is probably due to the fact that the Witnesses claim they have had more success in reaching people through their mail, telephone, and online campaign.

I am really on the fence on this one. It could go either way. Participation in the door-to-door ministry was the cornerstone of the religion when I was in.

On the other hand, I would have never thought the day would come where there would be no meetings, field service, or Memorial in person for over a year. 2 consecutive virtual Memorials! That is something I would never have seen coming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit