If the org. Is being advised by consultants, is a name change in the works?

by nowwhat? 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I got what their can rename themselves, "Church of Ignorance ", "World Org of Stupidity ".

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

"This " didn't offer much, read almost like a whodunit story. Made up.

Drop jehovah and the prayers will not be possible.

I bet on elderettes and meeting format change.

The biggie is still 1914; the story gas to morph

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Surely not. For crying out loud.

But I wouldn’t put it past them.

Perhaps the only thing likely to stop them is they lack the imagination and creativity to come up with a viable alternative.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If they dropped the name Jehovah altogether I think it could actually be enough to cause some sort of split. Their hierarchical structure strongly inhibits the sectarian tendency to splinter but dropping God’s name might just be enough to do it.

But what could they come up with that still includes the name Jehovah?

Christian Witnesses of Jehovah? - Uses the word “Christian” which the NWT says was adopted by divine providence in Acts

Jehovah’s Christian Witnesses? - They’ve used that a couple of times in the past

Witnesses of Jah and Jesus? - Greg Stafford might have got there first

The Way of Jehovah? - Sounds even more culty

I don’t know. 🤔

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

No possible way the invented name "Jehovah" can go away,,, without the Borg collapsing in on itself like a bunch of tinder dry bamboo,, burning and disappear "like smoke".

That name can never disappear to their theology.

Culty.

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

What about....."the religion formally known as Jehovah's Witnesses." They just need to find a suitable symbol like Prince.

• Yomama
    Yomama

Yes

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Stan the man they should definitely dump the word WATCHTOWER. Lose the prison camp connotation.

Oh lor I can't believe they didn't ditch it eons ago. It's only a legal title - the dubs won't care - but it has a really dark connotation.

But drop Jehovah? I can't see that happening anytime soon🤔

The irony is it is a totally made up word and the one thing they could drop using legitimate references & proof (of which many JWs are already aware) and referring back to the old Watchtowers that have already explained the dubious origin of the word.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Ron.W.: "Could they call themselves 'The Truth'...??"

How about: "Struth"?

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

👍👍

Love it!

Could they backtrack and acknowledge what the 1969 Kingdom Interlinear said and rebrand as Yahweh's Witnesses??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit