Today is Christmas, and guess what? Witnesses's were going house to house on my block, TODAY ON CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

by Dunedain 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

I kid you not!!!!! My family, and i, were on our way to my wife's brothers house today, which is the families Christmas tradition. We open presents in the morning, and at around 10:30, we head over to my brother in laws for breakfast/brunch, with all the family.

So, as we loaded some presents up in the car, and we all jumped, and drove away, at the end of my block, JEHOVAHS WITNESSES! I could not believe my eyes. I literally yelled in the car, "do you believe these psychos are out on Christmas day, HARASSING people".

Yes my friends, today, on Christmas day, and in the RAIN, I saw 4 JW's knocking on peoples doors, bothering their neighbors at 10:30 in the morning. This was on my own block, it was ridiculous.

My wife, who was never a Witness, and only knows about them from me, asked "why are they bothering people on Christmas day"? To which, i answered, "Its because they think people will be home today, and they can try to catch them at home, and they could care less that it is a holiday, and special day for families to be together".

Her, and my 2 daughters, thought it was one of the most rude, and obnoxious things that someone could do on Christmas day. I could only agree.

Has anyone else seen any JW's preaching on Christmas day before? Or have any of you here, ever done this before, when you were active? Just curious.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Its beyond obnoxious, especially given how they condemn people for celebrating Christmas. People are busy with family, preparing food, eating and opening gifts, and here comes Debbie Downer telling them they are wrong to do it. I think I might have done it once when I was a new convert, but it didn't feel right and I never did again.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes that is a bit inappropriate from a perspective of respect but JWS think everyone who cerebrates Christmas is doing something wrong and evil anyways , they are by their own assumption righteous and pure and they are setting humanity straight. .

I wonder if they are passing out the WTS's anti Christmas literature which the WTS has been known to do at this time of year. ???

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2
    When I was in, in the 70s and 80s when I was a teenager we were encouraged to go out on Christmas Day because as someone said people are in. I did it a couple of times but hated doing it, although I found people were really nice and some invited us in and offered us a sherry to warm us up! 😀
  • greenhornet
    greenhornet
    I think its a good idea if they have there teenage kids with them. How so? These kids will grow up hating Field service and when they get married there kids will hate it also.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Yeah, with my mother on Xmas a few times, just what a kid want's to do on Xmas morning, or any morning for that manner.

My mother with her pompous JDub attitude used to say, "isn't it a shame that they keep Jesus as a little baby" , that from someone that was raised in the Baptist church and had two uncles who were Pastors.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I spend many Christmas days preaching around the neighborhood. I can't believe I did it.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    When I was an active Witness, I just could not bring myself to go door to door on Xmas Day. I thought it beyond disrespectful, intrusive.
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Wifey wanted to go today but I convinced her that it was not a good idea, told her tomorrow would be better.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yes my friends, today, on Christmas day, and in the RAIN, I saw 4 JW's knocking on peoples doors, bothering their neighbors at 10:30 in the morning. This was on my own block, it was ridiculous.....Dunedain

..........Image result for If assholes could fly

Image result for kingdom hall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit