Today is Christmas, and guess what? Witnesses's were going house to house on my block, TODAY ON CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

by Dunedain 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    my old service overseer, also a pioneer, didn't go out in service on holidays like Xmas and Thanksgiving. Which is funny since the service overseer is supposed to motivate publishers to go out on those days. I think the CO or something talked to him about it because he started doing it a year before I faded.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Going in Service during the Holidays was highly encouraged. The strategy was to hook em' while they're in the Holiday spirit and guilt them into listening or taking the magazines.

I never did it....I figured it would be just too tacky to have someone wish me a Merry Christmas and then being obligated to launch into an explanation of why their participation in Christmas is displeasing to God. (gag) Lot's of JW's did it though, (the odd ones) the rest of us slacker types went skiing that day.

• Clambake
    Clambake

I thought going out on days like Christmas was discouraged. That's what my wife tells me. It's is incredibly rude.

I thought even the most Uber could figure that out.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I must admit when I was in, this was just one day I flatly refused to knock on doors. I was also quite verbal about how I thought it was quite rude also.
  • talesin
    talesin

It was discouraged here (70s), because it would alienate people and was also considered highly disrespectful. Maybe it's a Canadian thing, Clambake.

• shadow
    shadow
    Yes, how rude!!! Why would anyone want to talk about Jesus on Christmas???
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Has anyone else seen any JW's preaching on Christmas day before?

Only if it was the COs visit and he guilted the poor sheeple into it.

• Yogapants
    Yogapants
    if there was a group out in was in a Jewish territory only
  • eva luna
    eva luna

That's my experience to Billy.

C.O. is in town , you are going out in service .

It happens on New Year's too, or a minor holiday .

The unlucky Kiddo Pubs.

and to the one that posted that going out as a child during this time will make you hate service .. You already hate it . it's a sort of cherry on the top .. smile/not

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    My family would never go because they thought it disrespectful. A few pioneers in our hall would go, though. Just not a big thing in the hall I grew up in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit