Very Lost

by Jrjw 55 Replies latest social relationships

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Been reading jwfacts and starting to really question everything I've believed the last 12 years. It'll take time for it to properly sink in and for me to take the plunge if that's what I decide to do. Its hard giving up all the friends ive thought of as my family for so many years. I'm shy by nature and worried about making new friends lol. I'm moving to Scotland next year which would make it easier to cut myself off from jws but its still a big and scary step to take and i have to make some new friends in the meantime once i move

• Jayk
    Jayk

My oldest brother who is still a JW made it clear to me he isn't very happy with his life.. He sprang some stuff about our childhood to his wife recently that im sure is emotional damage from our childhoods. Not to toot my own horn but my brother is a millionaire. I'm not kidding. He lives in a 2 million dollar house. Goes to show the org nor money can make you happy. Granted our childhood wasn't the best with things my brother and I went thru. His exact words to me where "we weren't raise for success" he blames my parents. Realisticly its kinda there fault but also the org. He will never admit the org is to blame. His wife doesn't need him she comes from a wealthy family. He isn't a bad guy but is unhappy and he probably feels bad he dragged his wife into our family drama.

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

I don't think a lot of people are happy In the truth really but they plod on thinking there's nothing else for them and they just have to keep going til Armageddon comes then they'll be truly happy

• James87
    James87

I feel that you are dealing with two different issues. The first issue is with your husband who hid things from you and maybe you might be able to annul the marriage.

The second issue i feel will be harder for you, its a reflection and honest look at what you believe or dont believe in. I wish i could give you the answers but i can, this so somethings that deep reflection and soul searching will accomplish. Do you want to continue in this way of life or do you take a drastic change. The choice is completely up to you. I wish you nothing but the best

• Boco
    Boco

I kinda know what you're going through. I was married for 14 years. I found out that the last 4-5 years of marriage were a lie. She was seeing someone behind my back. I was alone for 2 of those years as we had moved abroad to her home land. I knew literally no-one other than her family.

Cutting a major long story short, we got divorced - it made me do some critical thinking of my life. Why had it happened, especially to a JW in an JW marriage. That got me looking at the religion itself, especially after 90% of my so called friends pretty much dumped me as a friend with no explanation. They even ignore me at assemblies. Both me and the ex are still JW's. The only thing keeping me in is family and the remainder of my friends. If I lost them, who else would I know considering I was born into the religion.

Well, that's a depressing reply I just wrote.

p.s. I am much happier now as I've met a girl who feels the same as I about the religion. Funnily, she's a JW too.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I don't think a lot of people are happy In the truth really but they plod on thinking there's nothing else for them and they just have to keep going til Armageddon comes then they'll be truly happy.

Unfortunately for them Armageddon isn't going to happen because its just ancient mythology or fictional story telling.

JWs are living within a emotional delusion, hurting themselves and others along the way.

How did they get into that state ? by the manipulative and corrupt exploitative tactics of the Watchtower Corporation (Publishing house).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit