What immodest clothing have you got in trouble for wearing?

by Addison0998 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Addison0998
    Addison0998

I personally have a very distinct sense of style and fashion which many of the fellow Jdubs frown upon. Recently, I was told by a few specially self righteous ones that I looked like a PROSTITUTE in a pair of white boots! A pair of 3 inch heeled, just a little taller than the ankle boots, with skirt that came down to my knees and a black long sleeve shirt that came up to my collarbone. Do these women even know what hookers dress like? I know that I shouldn’t take it so personally because they are not right in the head but it is such an insulting awful thing to say to someone. My whole life I’ve been getting shamed and picked on just because I don’t want to look like a frumpy, do -right, snitch bitch. And as an elder daughter it’s so much worse because every little thing is inspected, the tightness of your clothes, how short, how flashy.

In my area, there is a huge debate as whether or not women should wear strapless wedding dresses. A CO agreed to do a talk for a couple getting married, and afterwards, he shared in the pioneer meeting that he would have never agreed to give the talk if he had known the sister was going to wear a strapless wedding dress! Now the elders like to know before hand what dress the sister is wearing on her wedding day.

And to share a mans side of things, there was a MS in my hall who liked to wear tighter pants, and people complained about it so much that he had to go out and buy more pants or he would be removed as a MS. And he was not one with much money, so it was kinda sad.

Just another random rant..

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

I once got counciled for wearing a denim shirt in field service. I thought that to be petty!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    My whole life I’ve been getting shamed and picked on just because I don’t want to look like a frumpy, do -right, snitch bitch.

I love to see people with their own sense of style...dont follow the herd( not easy for a dub) dont pay those rude busybodies no mind!! But oh brother that was the bane of my life as im quite busty and i hate it because i cant wear the stylish clothes i love, for which you need to be lovely tall and slim. Iwould get counselled for wearing " breasty" clothes! wot??!! i wrestled with those damn things to get them under control with all sorts of contraptions...but you can't change how you are made (well you can but operations are risky and painful). I felt for jessica rabbit when she tearfully said she got "judged"for looking the way shes drawn(not that i looked that good). I also got a scolding for wearing leggings under my skirt and a uniform under my coat when i had just made it in time for a meeting after work.

• professor
    professor

I had first left but was still not DF'd. I had moved a few hours away and a JW in my area who would frequently visit my old congregation asked if I wanted to tag along. So I went, thinking it would be a good chance to see my family. We arrived on a Friday night and of course we had to go out in service the next morning. Because all of my clothes were in a suitcase, my pants were kind of wrinkled. My dad (the elder) was so upset about my pants. He felt the wrinkles brought "shame upon Jehovah's people". Even after arriving home and speaking to my dad on the phone, telling him it was nice to see the family, he just could not hold back saying how embarrassed he was about my wrinkled pants. That was apparently his takeaway from the entire weekend.

• fulano
    fulano

We need pictures addison0998 ;)

• SummerAngel
    SummerAngel

Back in the 80s I dyed my hair pink in time for the memorial, that went down a storm I was 14.

Also any skirt with a split in it was a prozzie skirt. Oh and I also got spied out when I was 40 miles away at uni and reported back to parents Cong for wearing a above knee skirt with woolly tights and flat boots.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

No socks! I kid you not.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Back in the day, a ladies skirt was only considered acceptable wear if she was to kneel down and the skirt be able to cover all her legs and feet.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yeah snugglebunny, it turns out those long dresses and open fires didn't go together too well. Many women servants in the 'big' house went up in flames tending the fire wearing a floor length dress. So grateful for jeans now.

I remember a ms kept looking at me reproachfully in my own house because I was wearing a v-neck tee shirt reavealing my neck and about three inches of chest, no cleavage. Kept giving me dirty looks. Crazy people.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

There was a pioneer sister in our hall who would wear a skirt to the floor and long sleeve to the wrist, all the time! Something about Israelite women and showing no skin.

This sister wouldn’t work with my wife because she would wear shirts that showed off her arms in the heat of summer. It was pathetic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit