What immodest clothing have you got in trouble for wearing?

by Addison0998 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I got chastised, and "soft shunned" for wearing a pair of black denim dress pants with a snapped western shirt and western tie with boots (I do not own any other style of clothing) while out in rural ranch country when I still used to go in service. And horror of horrors I was driving my pickup!

I had more than one rancher who agreed to stop and visit, mostly about livestock though, because I did not come onto their ranch looking like an insurance salesman.

• carla
    carla

All I can say is what a bunch of sicko's!

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

I was councelled by both my dad and the elders for having the sleeves on my shirt too tight around my biceps.

I tried to explain that shirts arent made for people my shape but,Nope! Satan was in my sleeves!!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Not me...my mother back in the seventies got called an apostate by the P.O. for wearing a wool pantsuit under a long winter coat one -40 below winter day when she faithfully went to conduct some of her Bible studies.

Right before she died she said, "If Jehovah's Witnesses would have been in the forties what THIS religion is now I NEVER would have gotten baptized as one! They are no different than the rest of them now."

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

There was a brother in our hall that everyone loved and he had a beautiful wife. The brother didn't have any privileges but he was so helpful and loved that he was still used for small responsibilities. Anyways, his wife used to dress very tight and grabbed a lot of attention for it. I don't know if he was ever counseled for it, but I bet it is safe to assume so.

Regardless, some of my very fond memories from my JW days was when I was passing the microphone and hanging at the back. The sister would get up from her seat, generally close to the front rows, and walk all the way back. Sure enough, there was always a few brothers, including elders and ministerial servants, who couldn't help themself and were "rubber necking". Some of them were getting caught by their wives and I found it hilarious!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I got called in the back when I was in my early twenties. Apparently I caused a big stir with the District Overseer who attended our Circuit Assembly. I was told my hair was to short.

I had gotten a high & tight flat top. I was getting horrible scalp sores back then. I told them it was for health reasons.

I was told I may be treated like black brothers who could not shave their face because of health reasons - no talks from the platform. That never happened.

Side note: A elder from the other congregation that shared our Hall said he thought my hair looked great.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

My posting may not be about clothing, but I'd thought I'd share this "experience" regarding grooming=> A few years ago, a friend of mine was pulled by an elduh in the back room because of--wait of this--she was wearing pink/fuschia lip gloss! He claimed that "this color hue was very distracting to the brothers and maybe even non-JW men in the Hall". Come to find out, one of his own sons ( teenager) kept staring and commenting to his parents about how "Sister____________ looks pretty and sexy with that lip gloss on her lips today". Creepy, creepy, creeperton!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

A brother in our Cong was given counsel about the fact that his (very cute) teenage daughters were not wearing pantyhose. He told the elder that if he ever caught him staring at his daughters legs again he'd end up with a bloody nose.

Way to go, Bro!

• Sara
    Sara

I always wondered why they bother so much, since the neck tie originally was worn by soldiers as a reminder to their love at home (and later became part of the uniform)

https://www.tie-a-tie.net/the-evolution-of-the-necktie/

And Jezus was wearing a long dress and sandals (and probably a beard too).

• jp1692
    jp1692

Nothing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit