What immodest clothing have you got in trouble for wearing?

by Addison0998 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freddo
    freddo

(Not immodest - but AGAINST DA ROOLZ)

I was working on a kingdom hall build. Not my own hall - so approved by the Service Committee and all that jazz - but had to drive about fifty miles there for the "privilege" while giving up a Saturday to do so with a paint brush in hand.

In my work I sold photocopiers and occasionally got freebies from the manufacturer like holdalls and T-shirts with their logo on it. So being thrifty I wore an old T-shirt for doing jobs around the house that had a logo on it. I would also wear it when maintaining our own kingdom hall.

So I turn up on site to "sign in" at this kingdom hall build and the brother on checkpoint charlie said "you can't wear that T-shirt, it's got a logo on it"

I asked him what he proposed I do. He said turn it inside out or go home and change.

As I was a serving elder at the time I felt I had a "little bit of clout" and replied "it's an old shirt for doing odd jobs and getting paint on; it's not going to offend anybody, brother."

He said "Weeelllll, can't you turn it inside out then?" I said no and that "he was straining out the gnat."

It was going to be a stand off when my team overseer (who also was a well known RBC "heavy" came up and said to the brother "If you let it pass for today brother I'm sure "Freddo" won't mind wearing something else next time - he has given up his day and driven fifty miles for your congregation hasn't he?")

The other brother backed down.

What a fuss over a logo! I mean we're talking about a small 6" name on the chest saying "Minolta Copiers"!

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Aged 15 I wore a black pencil skirt that came well below my knees and had a 1 inch slit in the back, the PO bellowed at me "purrpurr! Your skirt has a dirty great tear all the way up the back!" A$r3h@/€!

I remember one friend of mine aged 16 telling me off for wearing ribbed tops that went all the way up to my collarbone she said it was "too booby"...

• nugget
    nugget

Once we were invited to an elders house or a get together and we dressed casually I wore a tshirt and trousers. I later found out the Elders wife had expected everyone to wear meeting clothes and she was appalled at my choice of outfit. What was worse she told everyone how badly dressed I had been without actually speaking to me about it. I wouldn't have minded if there had been a suggested dress code in the invite. It is such a petty thing to b fixated on.

Since leaving and purging my wardrobe I have discovered I don't like wearing meeting clothes and I wear T shirt and trousers a lot.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I got counselled by a 19 year old MS for dressing my girls one aged 7 the other aged 11 in denim skirts. Apparently the denim fabric is disrespectful to Jehovah even when it is embroidered with little pink flowers.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Minolta Copiers! You devil you Freddo!

• zeb
    zeb

My wife was chatted too for wearing an ankle length skirt (in winter) as it was...'worldly'**. The others were wearing knee length with sandals..and freezing but wrapping football blankets about themselves but that was ok.

** 'worldly' was the buzz word at the time it got used for everything. It followed 'pagan'..

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I got "reprimanded" by one sister for not wearing panty hose in the SUMMMER

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

So weird how the dubbies are obsessed with dress and grooming. It was just the same back in the 60's.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

These screwed up JW's are almost as bad as Muslims with their burkas.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I was counseled for looking "too old" for my age. I was 14, the brothers said I looked 18 to 20 years old. They talked to my dad, an elder. He said that he knew that I was well groomed, bathed frequently, used lotions, etc. They told him that maybe I shouldn't do that. The real problem was that I turned them on and they couldn't do anything about it. What a bunch of self righteous assholes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit