Witness Royalty and the last day at the "Towers"

by Lynnie 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Pretty much everyone gleaned after meals so they had something to snack on later.

What meals? No one gleaned from lunch meal except for cold cuts day or pizza, except for a couple of married couples. We ate all the good stuff.

Barbara and CoCo were as higher up as you can get in job assignments and they did not ride in limousines.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Hey Fishy, since you know so much and everything you say is truth in reply to what eveyone else says, and since you like to dominate other people's threads with your blather, I have a challenge for you.

Why don't you start a thread where you can, in one cohesive space, tell your story. I challenge you to do so. Where did you come from? Where have you been in the organization? What did you make of what you saw? Where are you now in life, in your spiritual walk, officially within the organization? Why have you been here for 14 years? What do you have to hide?

Other people are vulnerable here and put their lives out there. If you want credibility, instead of jumping around scrutinizing things you don't like that others say and trying to dominate and obfuscate, build trust by putting your own story out there. Man up and get vulnerable and show courage. Be willing to give an answer to anyone that should ask it of you. Who are you, other than someone that defends the cult at every turn, including trying to derail talks of child sexual abuse in the group. Surely there is more to you than that. You post some things that allude to interesting travels. Share brother Fishy, do share.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

What meals? No one gleaned from lunch meal except for cold cuts day or pizza, except for a couple of married couples. We ate all the good stuff.

I sat at the GB table with Knorr, both Franz's, Sidlig, and the other GB members, doing their weekly rotation. We all gleaned off the table if there were left overs. Our table was kept well stocked so there usually was plenty left over. Russ Kurzen was our table head, maybe without realizing it, I was part of the "perks" the higher ups enjoy.

Barbara and CoCo were as higher up as you can get in job assignments and they did not ride in limousines.

I didn't say anything about Limousines....I said town cars. By town car I mean an expensive luxury car, the kind the average JW wouldn't use in field service for fear of the householders thinking that instead of humble servants, they were like Christendom, making a prophet off their religion.

Anyway...Fisherman, I guess you're on to me....I probably hallucinated the whole thing or maybe I'm a total liar and was never at Bethel at all. I'm not sure how I've managed my life thus far but maybe from now on, I'll run all of my comments by you first, so you can fact check them for me.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

FIsherman, are you denying that there are individuals and groups of individuals who are above the law and have things and do things others cannot get away with? If so, I can gladly provide you with examples of my own as well as those of other VERY prominent people...

As a matter of fact, if you were at Bethel (as was I) and you are not aware that these things took place then you just were not actively aware of what was going on.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DUNEDAIN:

On a few occasions I saw the wannabes near the inner circle of "Witness royalty".

When you talk about "green handshakes" it makes me want to vomit. These are the people who knocked jobs and careers. Maybe I am wrong but I'm guessing this was years ago and the persons pressing money into these people's hands would be quite elderly now. These elderly retired in a healthy economy and threw money around like confetti. They are rapidly passing away and when they are gone the golden goose is gone too.

I'm not there anymore (happily) but I can't imagine younger struggling people in the religion pressing money into anybody's hands.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha
    Pete Zahut, I worked in the 30 building complex of Bethel in the early-mid nineties in a variety of departments and I can confirm that the GB used luxury town cars FRIVOLOUSLY For instance, there is a day in which all the apostates of the time would come out to Columbia Heights and line the sidewalks and jeer at any bethelites that would pass by. I remember being at the front door about 30 minutes before lunch and Brother Swingell (the mentally deranged governing body member that use TO WEAR A KIMONO to breakfast on Saturdays and order an entire pan of Jello be at his table) said, "look at all those demon-possessed kooks! I'm not walking through that."
    He walks over to the desk and tells the brother working the desk to call a car for him. Not 15 minutes later a black lincoln towncar (which was fairly standard car services in NY) pulls up. He gets in and it drives him like 600 feet to towers where he was eating lunch... Whenever they went to airports they had the cars come as well.
    Anyone who worked in the Office Complex saw the excesses and I can relate plenty. More importantly are the schemes that take place in the congregations in the surronding areas. I could go on for hours.
    As a matter of fact, anyone who was apart of the 30 Cleaning crew that ever got assigned to work the Stanley Theater will confirm the lavish parties and weddings and private use by WORLDLY people as well as rich witnesses from the surrounding suburbs that used the precious Stanley theater as their playground until the caretaker got disfellowshipped.

• fulano
    fulano

@pete...I got to know Russell Kurzen pretty well, we were in the same bookstudy. You cant deny he was a humble man, nothing inner circle stuff despite his many years.

I personally have never ever seen someone taken to a meeting with a driver and a jw car. A Towncar is not that special, he might have owned it. Or just was taken to the AirPort ....that's what we received as a treatment being missionaries arriving at Brooklyn, not in a Towncar though, some other American top quality vehicle.. Nasty boy that driver by the way.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

@pete...I got to know Russell Kurzen pretty well, we were in the same bookstudy. You cant deny he was a humble man, nothing inner circle stuff despite his many years.

Yes....Russ was an all around lovely man and was able to maintain his Midwestern humble salt of the earth persona but at times could behave like a spoiled child or a rich kid who had become out of touch with what it's like to be down in the ranks. No one was really sure what his job was but we all knew he liked his comforts.

Most of the time he was quite affable but I did seem him throw a fit one time when a new Bethelite was visiting our table and he took too big of a helping of fried chicken. Although there was plenty to go around, he mercilessly shamed the poor guy and demanded that he put most of what he'd taken, back onto the serving plate.

One day "Mr. Coffee" was particularly boisterous outside the front door of the 124 building. Russ told us that Apostates are on a mission from Satan....they are possessed and driven by him. They have let themselves come under his influence and have no choice but to carry out his mission to ruin Jehovah's people.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    missionaries arriving at Brooklyn,

I had forgotten all about that!! Wow I remember - not only missionaries- but was never a driver.

• fulano
    fulano

One thing I remember from Russell was his adoration for the GB, made me feel uncomfortable sometimes. One day he arranged, in 1999 a Place at the table of Jaracz. What happened? My wife and I were invited at the Place of a french commuter, an artist, doing the fake pillar in a renovation. Well "el vino did flow".. and I was really late, so we overslept.

But, we got a second chance to have breakfast with the no talking Jaracz and his fake wife, a lot of gold but eating like a farmer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit