VAT4956 - 530 BC destruction of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar

by jwposter 271 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

(Just noticed autocorrect changed ‘co-regencies’ to ‘cogencies’ and it’s too late to fix it. I suppose doofus isn’t cogent either, so maybe not too much of an error. 🤣)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

jwposter:

Go count it. It is 390 years AFTER the reign of Solomon.

It’s actually 393.5 if you just blindly add them up. Aside from that, various passages describing reigns of Judah relative to reigns of Israel cannot be reconciled if one just naively adds up the reigns in this manner ignoring co-regencies.

So that would mean that the 19th year is right at or around 541BCE.

No. The passage says nothing about Nebuchadnezzar’s 19th year. You’re just relying on a later Protestant interpretation of Ezekiel chapter 4. And you’re wrong about the end year of Solomon’s reign as well, most likely due to not properly understanding Tishri dating.

• jwposter
    jwposter

Right is about 393.5 years because the iniquity of Solomon's son didn't occur until after the 3rd year but the 390 years are for the iniquity so it would be 390 years.

Let's read together:

2Ki 25:8 And in the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month, which is the nineteenth year of king Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, came Nebuzaradan, captain of the guard, a servant of the king of Babylon, unto Jerusalem:

2Ki 25:9 And he burnt the house of the LORD, and the king's house, and all the houses of Jerusalem, and every great man's house burnt he with fire.

2Ki 25:10 And all the army of the Chaldees, that were with the captain of the guard, brake down the walls of Jerusalem round about.

So when was the Temple and Jerusalem destroyed? - Answer - 19th year of Nebuchadnezzar.

And who was the king at the time? - Zedekiah (See earlier verses)

And who was Zedekiah? - he was the last king to serve of the 390 years reigns of the kings of Judah.

Do you see now that the destruction was at the 390th year and that year was the 19th year of Nebuchadnezzar?

Hopefully, you see that now - I mean that sincerely. I want you to get this right.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

jwposter:

Right is about 393.5 years because the iniquity of Solomon's son didn't occur until after the 3rd year

Nonsense. Gill tries that trick, but the Bible says nothing about Rehoboam's fourth year (nor of Jeroboam I).

2Ki 25:8

🤦‍♂️'390 days' is in Ezekiel, not 2 Kings. Are you drunk? (He probably doesn't even realise 2 Kings counts accession year as part of the reign, but that's another issue.)

Let's read together 😒 ... Ezekiel 4:4-6:

4 “Then lie on your left side and put the sin of the people of Israel upon yourself. You are to bear their sin for the number of days you lie on your side. 5 I have assigned you the same number of days as the years of their sin. So for 390 days you will bear the sin of the people of Israel.

6 “After you have finished this, lie down again, this time on your right side, and bear the sin of the people of Judah. I have assigned you 40 days, a day for each year.

Oh, it doesn't actually mention kings of Judah at all (or even kings at all). The 390 days is a judgement against the people of Israel as distinct from the people of Judah.

• jwposter
    jwposter

Jeffro:

Nonsense. Gill tries that trick, but the Bible says nothing about Rehoboam's fourth year (nor of Jeroboam I).

Read all your Bible. Don't just hunt and peck.

2Ch 11:17 So they strengthened the kingdom of Judah, and made Rehoboam the son of Solomon strong, three years: for three years they walked in the way of David and Solomon.

As you can see the inequity came after the three years of Rehoboam.

Your getting schooled here.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    As you can see the inequity came after the three years of Rehoboam.

But that doesn’t say anything at all about the people of Israel. I should have specified that it says nothing relevant. (I fully accept the blame for thinking you would understand.) The 390 days isn’t about the people of Judah at all, much less its king.

• jwposter
    jwposter

Jeffro:

But that doesn’t say anything at all about the people of Israel. I should have specified that it says nothing relevant. (I fully accept the blame for thinking you would understand.) The 390 days isn’t about the people of Judah at all, much less its king.
    Yes, it is referring to the people as well. See this verse:

2Ch 12:1 And it came to pass, when Rehoboam had established the kingdom, and had strengthened himself, he forsook the law of the LORD, and all Israel with him.

And BTW, I'm not trying to lay blame. I'm trying to edify and be edified.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

jwposter:

Yes, it is referring to the people as well.

Your chosen verse in 2 Chronicles is about Judah. But Ezekiel 4:4-5 is specifically talking about Israel. You keep leaving out that part. Ezekiel 4:6 explicitly contrasts the 390 days for Israel with the 40 days for Judah. But you’re too caught up in your own nonsense to care about what it actually says.

And BTW, I'm not trying to lay blame. I'm trying to edify and be edified.

Just as well. You’re in no position to blame. Your nutty chronology is entirely wrong from start to finish.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Notice how jwposter, all through this thread, simply ignores each problem that is pointed out about his incorrect alternative history, and either focuses on what he thinks is his strongest point, or just moves on to the next incorrect assertion.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Notice how jwposter, all through this thread, simply ignores each problem that is pointed out about his incorrect alternative history, and either focuses on what he thinks is his strongest point, or just moves on to the next incorrect assertion. "

This is a favourite technique of Politicians, used all the time, never answer an accusation that you know you are guilty of. Only the best of Interviewers drag the Politician back to the try to make them answer, they will then continue not to, and then claim they have answered it.

I wonder if there is an element of the Dissembler about our friend "jwposter", what is his motive ? or, am I being my usual self, and suspicious where I shouldn't be ? or even, does he really believe his nonsense ?

Thank you once again for your tireless work Jeffro, which is of immense value to those who are Lovers of Truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit