VAT4956 - 530 BC destruction of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar

by jwposter 271 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

KalebOutWest:

Or is it impossible?

Why is it so difficult for you to say something like, “yes, I can see how it could have come across that way. Sorry if it seemed that way.” Why all this doubling down and evasion of what I actually said? It doesn’t actually matter, it’s just frustrating when people don’t engage with actual content.

• jwposter
    jwposter

I just think that Jeffro and KalebOutWest are the same person at this point. It doesn't bother me at all.

• KalebOutWest
    KalebOutWest

Jeffro,

I have complimented you and applauded you.

But I won't say nonsense just because it seemed some way to you.

You treat me like garbage, saying I have tantrums, claiming I act like a know it all almost every time you get a chance. If you want I can cut and paste each time you did that to me. So you want to talk about frustrating?!

You are less than kind with me and very unfair, rude, and I can list off some vulgar adjectives for you that others would probably say fit you just fine. But I won't say more. I am done with you.

Appreciate that I am leaving this here.

• jwposter
    jwposter

Jeffro, when you get done talking to yourself, please let me know about those 24 courses and if you found where they served more than 2 times in the year during the 2nd Temple period. Still waiting on that.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

KalebOutWest:

I have complimented you and applauded you.

Yes, you have complimented my refutation of jwposter’s fringe Adventist lunar sabbath nonsense. And that is appreciated. But that refutation is quite independent of my refutation of the Watch Tower Society’s 1914 doctrine. Maybe you genuinely don’t understand how your comments came across. Sorry for upsetting you.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

KalebOutWest:

You treat me like garbage, saying I have tantrums, claiming I act like a know it all almost every time you get a chance. If you want I can cut and paste each time you did that to me. So you want to talk about frustrating?!

There have been a total of two episodes where I’ve indicated you’ve thrown tantrums. In the first case, you incorrectly said I was wrong about sources varying about the period from 168-165 BCE or 167-164 BCE. In the second case, you (prima facie if not intentionally) described my efforts at refuting a JW doctrine as a waste of time. So don’t overstate matters, and don’t pretend I’m the bad guy for not just taking crap.

• KalebOutWest
    KalebOutWest

Jeffro:

You're not a bad guy.

But I need to state that I did not just say you accused me of tantrums.

You also several times called me a know-it-all.

I don't know how you or why you would not call attention to that.

You understated your partication in the episodes and only highlighted things in your favor. You bullied me several times. I did not pretend anything.

I think you need to revise this last statement therefore:

So don’t overstate matters, and don’t pretend I’m the bad guy for not just taking crap.
  • Jeffro
    Jeffro

KalebOutWest:

You also several times called me a know-it-all.

Once, after you made extremely condescending comments. Though I never used that exact term. And it was only in response to this gutter trash remark, in which you first suggested I’m a know it all:

I would rather become one of Jehovah's Witnesses once again.
    Talk to Jeffro. He apparently claims to be far more versed on any subject than me. This is what you will be left with.
    And if it makes you feel better, Jeffro: I am completely wrong. I know nothing. I never have. You are 100% right about everything. Apologies. I am sorry to have ever doubted you.

In each instance of what you describe as ‘bullying’, I reacted to your initial (mis)behaviour.

• KalebOutWest
    KalebOutWest

jwposter:

We are not the same person.

I do think Jeffro is talented and have never meant any harm to anybody.

I am a man, a rabbinical student, raised by a JW aunt and uncle when my parents could not but never a baptized JW.

I had hoped to help this community but apparently I cannot. I anger a few people, for instance Jeffro.

Why? I don't know. All the behavior she claims about me is a misintepretation.

I don't even believe in acting or living in the manner she accuses me of. But she sees it in me. Maybe it is because I am Jewish or a rabbinical student. I don't know.

We don't believe in absolutes like the JWs, so a lot of what Jeffro sees in me is projected. I can't convince her or others who feel the same. I think it's a preconception.

My time as a student ends this week and my time trying to help doesn't do any good. So as I begin one new step in my life I guess it is just as well that I stop trying to help the exJW community.

I have been impressed by much she has written, but she only finds such a statement a "tantrum" or some attack. And again, she isn't alone.

I wish everyone peace.

P. S. --It also doesnt help that Jeffro insists on cutting and pasting things out of context. If that is not bullying, I don't know what is. I don't know why she insusts on this behavior.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Good grief, now he's calling me 'she' as well.

It also doesnt help that Jeffro insists on cutting and pasting things out of context.

I posted your entire comment from 2 March 2024. In what context was it a nice thing to say? Here's the link to check for full context: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/users/5070517946548224/KalebOutWest/posts?nav=next&sort=posted&posted=20240317174348#4725751702618112

Earlier that day, you said:

The dates do not fluctuate. New information has changed since that older article on MyJewishLearning you searched for to back up your insufferable need to correct everyone on this forum and belie your lack of education.

Here's the link for that statement for full context: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4915204052221952/old-greek-daniels-son-man?page=4#6244213298036736

The dates (for the period between the banning of Jewish worship by Antiochus IV and the rededication of the temple) do in fact fluctuate among various scholars, and I posted a link to an article demonstrating that to be so. I did angrily include the words 'smarmy so-and-so' in the subsequent response - which was not classy - but it was only after your condescension. Here's the link: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4915204052221952/old-greek-daniels-son-man?page=4#5148759005069312

Shall we continue?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit