VAT4956 - 530 BC destruction of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar

by jwposter 271 Replies latest watchtower bible

• KalebOutWest
    KalebOutWest

Jeffro,

You are not arguing over VAT 4956.

You have been posting some of the brightest, most intelligent, smartest, well-researched words I have ever seen.

You are not against anything VAT 4956 states or points to. You obviously agree with all the critical evidence.

Thus I was not speaking to you.

Just as my post on Sabbath Moons was designed to counter jwposter, what I wrote was against jwposter's arguments.

Your arguments are against jwposter, and they are brilliant arguments.

I don't know why you always think I am agaist you or are always criticizing me or seem angry or talking to me like I'm acting superior. You are the one always correcting me and arguing with me and looking down on me.

I thought you did a wonderful job.

Why are you like this, thinking I was writing something negative about you? I didn't even have you in mind in those words as they were directed at jwposter.

Why be negative towards me all the time?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

jwposter:

Please excuse Jeffro for crying foul against LunarSabbaths. He/She doesn't accept this information from antiquity. But I do appreciate it.

Nice try, but your Adventist lunar sabbath nonsense is not the same thing at all as the lunar sabbaths practiced at a much earlier time, which I already noted from the Jewish Encyclopaedia when you were misquoting (actually just pasting from a nutter website) it several days ago in this thread.

• KalebOutWest
    KalebOutWest

Forget everthing I posted anything then.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

KalebOutWest:

Why are you like this, thinking I was writing something negative about you? I didn't even have you in mind in those words as they were directed at jwposter.

In that case I apologise. But you said that JWs abandoning 1914 makes arguing about VAT 4956 a waste of time. jwposter (whose position is that Nebuchadnezzar’s 37th year was 512BCE) isn’t arguing for 1914 at all, so it didn’t seem you were only addressing jwposter, whose separate view is not at all affected by a change to JWs’ 1914 doctrine. It therefore seemed you were ridiculing any discussion about VAT 4956.

I thought you did a wonderful job.

But you couldn’t just say that in the same post as saying arguing about VAT 4956 is a waste of time?

• jwposter
    jwposter

Me and KalebOutWest for the most part have the same information on Lunar Sabbaths in antiquity. I don't see where Jeffro has shown any distinction from what I have wrote compared to what Kaleb has stated.

I'm sorry to say this KalebOutWest but you caught in the hate beam exhibited by the soul of Jeffro. Hopefully, she continues to make amends to you.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Good grief. 🤦‍♂️

Me and KalebOutWest for the most part have the same information on Lunar Sabbaths in antiquity. I don't see where Jeffro has shown any distinction from what I have wrote compared to what Kaleb has stated.

‘In antiquity’ is vague pandering here. But anyone paying the slightest attention knows that jwposter’s claim that the Jews observed a lunar sabbath in the second temple period was directly refuted by KalebOutWest.

I'm sorry to say this KalebOutWest but you caught in the hate beam exhibited by the soul of Jeffro. Hopefully, she continues to make amends to you.

Just a reflection of dealing with people like you. I haven’t bothered mentioning until now either, but it hasn’t gone unnoticed that jwposter has several times childishly tried to goad me with asinine ‘misgendering’, which has no relevance to anything.

• KalebOutWest
    KalebOutWest

Jeffro,

Only you are reading into my posts something that is NOT directed at you.

I even earlier stated, in a previous post, that you were doing a wonderful job (unless you have forgotten). So why would I suddenly insult you or change gears?

Perhaps you might need to look elsewhere besides me for answers why you think I am writing about you, because I am not.

In fact, I don't even know who you are. Why would I design something against you, someone I don't know? I was merely commenting on subject matter.

You are not the subject of my writings, my thoughts or my day nor my feelings.

Stop looking for negativity directed at you where none exists.

It is not about you.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Can you explain how JWs changing their 1914 doctrine would affect jwposter’s unrelated Adventist lunar sabbath views? In the context of this thread where his view is unaffected by the JW doctrine but I have a website debunking the JW doctrine, can you not understand why it would seem you were also ridiculing my work (at least as to its usefulness independent of its quality)?

• jwposter
    jwposter

Trust me KalebOutWest, Jeffro, will not turn on anyone that is against me at this time. He/she needs as many people to support their position (to help support the other fallacies he/she keeps putting forward). In the end, anyone supporting Jeffro, will be wrong. I've already supported the fact that Philo of Alexandria, a contemporary of Jesus Christ IN THE 2ND TEMPLE PERIOD, had wrote about the comparison of the Sabbath to the Festivals and phases of the moon. Additionally, Josephus reported that the course of the Priests continued unto the 2nd Temple destruction with their cycles unbroken (which would not be possible had the Sabbaths aligned to the Solar Week).

• jwposter
    jwposter

Jeffro and KalebOutWest

Obviously, this should be easy for you. Show me where you have evidence that the 24 courses of the Priests served for more than 2 times in a year. I'm referring to those Priests such as the Sadducees or the Pharisees.

I mean that is your argument right? You know they served from Sabbath to Sabbath so this should be easy for you to prove.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit