Calling Cofty and others regarding evolution

by dubstepped 340 Replies latest jw friends

• hothabanero
    hothabanero
    NOBODY EVER claimed everything about evolution is already known or proven

Jesus Christ that was my damn point, that it was wrong to say everything about evolution was known and that mistake lead to many problems.

So after all the name calling you agree with me... lol...

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

Here is my post for easy reference. Tell me what part of it you find objectionable.. asides the fact you know better than wikipedia about darwinism (LOL)

my 2c: the problem is ppl who believe in darwinism fail to acknowledge darwinism is many things -- some are proven beyond all reasonable doubt, other things are very speculative. so saying it is all proven to be true is really overstating the evidence, and similarly when a creationist say it is all doubtful he too is overstating the evidence. IMO thats why so much of the discussion is not useful.

• cofty
    cofty
    that was my damn point, that it was wrong to say everything about evolution was known

Which is a pointless point since nobody ever said that - ever.

ppl who believe in darwinism fail to acknowledge darwinism is many things -- some are proven beyond all reasonable doubt, other things are very speculative

Who ever failed to acknowledge that?

saying it is all proven to be true is really overstating the evidence

But nobody ever made that claim.

Evolution is a fact beyond all reasonable doubt. An immense amount of detail is already known right down to a molecular and genetic level. A great deal more remains to be discovered.

I have never observed anybody claim otherwise.

IMO thats why so much of the discussion is not useful

Creationists have no interest in evidence, that is why conversations are often frustrating.

Please stop saying 'lol'.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

What can I say, I have seen many times that people who believe in darwinism say it is proven without saying that some parts of it is proven and other parts are not...

Just so you don't have a stroke: by "proven" I mean "proven beyond all reasonable doubt" and "darwinism" I mean "evolution".

Please stop saying 'lol'.

Then stop saying things that are so damn funny! BTW telling me what I can and cannot say IS damn funny!

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

On a more serious note...

You purposefully write my name wrong to piss me off or whatever ... and at the same time you tell me I cannot use a common abbreviation bc you don't like it.

You see the problem?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Well, I sure am proud of what this thread has been reduced to. It was a great conversation and I appreciate those that helped me understand and work through my questions about evolution. I now understand much more and have a greater respect for evolution. The dizzying blather about "creation" certainly did nothing to garner respect for something that I once held so dear.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Well done dubstepped. When a critic accused him of being inconsistent, John Maynard Keynes reportedly said:

When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?

So many people seem incapable of doing that. It is an important life skill.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I note that in hothabanero's second last post, he now wants all aspects of evolution to be proven "beyond all reasonable doubt". I wonder if he can prove the talking snake story "beyond all reasonable doubt"? That would be the fair comparison.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@shepherdless: Normally theories in science has to be proven to a high degree of confidence before they are accepted like with the Higgs particle; They already thought it was there, but nevertheless they build the big electromagnetic donut shaped thing to prove it beyond reasonable doubt. They did something similar with Einsteins theory recently but I can't remember the details. You see what I mean?

BTW You think I am a christian or creationist or something?? Believe it or not, it is possible to write things Cofty don't like without being a christian!

• Driveby
    Driveby
    Darwinism doesn't exist. – cofty
    But sure you know better than wikipedia lol - hothabanero

Wikipedia says:

In the 2008 documentary film Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed, which promotes intelligent design (ID), American writer and actor Ben Stein refers to scientists as Darwinists. Reviewing the film for Scientific American, John Rennie says "The term is a curious throwback, because in modern biology almost no one relies solely on Darwin's original ideas... Yet the choice of terminology isn't random: Ben Stein wants you to stop thinking of evolution as an actual science supported by verifiable facts and logical arguments and to start thinking of it as a dogmatic, atheistic ideology akin to Marxism

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit